FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Is AA's anti-American decision to buy Euro planes making you fly elsewhere? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1250812-aas-anti-american-decision-buy-euro-planes-making-you-fly-elsewhere.html)

BearX220 Aug 23, 2011 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyer121 (Post 16978802)
So does that mean that British Airways and Air France should not use Boeing?

I guess British Airways should have hung onto its Vickers Viscounts and Hawker-Siddeley Tridents. Air France should be making do with Dassault Mercures. Everybody into their own corner.

That's not how this planet runs anymore.

hillrider Aug 23, 2011 12:24 pm

What happened to "all people are the same to God"?

Do Airbus employees have a lesser right to their paycheck?

This thread title is so wrong on so many moral grounds it's quite scary.

lobo411 Aug 23, 2011 12:26 pm

I simply refuse to risk my life by flying in an Airbus aircraft. They have a proven disaster-record, and my life is too valuable to set foot in one of those death traps.

dstan Aug 23, 2011 3:09 pm

After careful review, this thread will remain closed since it does not pertain to the focus of the AA Forum, which is helping other members maximize their AA travel and/or mileage earning/burning experiences, but is rather a political discussion about corporate business decisions, protectionism, global trade, etc.

All members are reminded that the volunteer moderators are here to facilitate the smooth operation of the AA Forum and of FlyerTalk in general. We are NOT here to restrict your right to express your opinions. However, for the benefit of all FlyerTalk members, those opinions must be expressed in the proper venue that has been established specifically to entertain those discussions, OMNI/PR. Members are also required under the TOS to express their opinions in a respectful manner to other members.

Personal Attacks - link to this guideline
We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with another member, challenge the opinion or idea - not the person. Personal attacks, insults and "flaming" will not be tolerated and will be removed, and the violator will be subject to disciplinary action. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Attacks against groups or classes of job holders (such as Transportation Security Administration employees) will not be tolerated.

Do not retaliate or respond to a personal attack. Too often, when an initial attack is made, others join the fray and, instead of becoming part of the solution, become part of the problem. Do not accuse others of being trolls. Should there be members whose posts you don't care to read, you can put them on your ignore list. To do that, click on MyFlyerTalk and then on Edit Ignore List in the Settings & Options section on the left-hand side of the page. Enter the name of a FlyerTalk member in the Add a Member to Your List field. Click the Okay button, then click the Save Changes button.

If you feel that you are being attacked or harassed, contact a moderator.

/Moderator