Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade inventory releasing seasonal change

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Microwave
I am flying the day after you JFK-LHR, and am also waiting for my upgrade in a two-thirds-empty J cabin. My only concern with holding back international SWU clearance is that the practice may limit the availability of A for domestic connections, potentially putting the domestic upgrade into question. My connecting flight is still very good for A inventory, but it could very well be the opposite as I've seen it both ways before. I'm waitlisted for an X upgrade on that segment anyway, just in case the SWU doesn't clear.

Side note: FWIW, there are 37 J seats on the 772, not 32--so it's looking even better for you. ^
Oops -- I clearly need to look at my multiplication tables again, yes 37 seats.

I had them go ahead and confirm my domestic leg knowing this will clear. I didn't want to miss my domestic 777 1A
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
My connecting flight is still very good for A inventory, but it could very well be the opposite as I've seen it both ways before. I'm waitlisted for an X upgrade on that segment anyway, just in case the SWU doesn't clear.
Good strategy, but non-EXPs (or EXPs with non-EXP companions) need to be careful as I found out recently. Domestic X cleared for me and GF (who's PLT) at 100 hour mark and SWU for whole trip cleared day of departure. However, they still took stickers from GF for the domestic portion. Neither PLT nor EXP agents could reinstate the "mis-taken" stickers. It needed an email to Customer Relations to get them back, and even then their response suggested they were doing it as a favor rather than to correct their mistake.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
Good strategy, but non-EXPs (or EXPs with non-EXP companions) need to be careful as I found out recently. Domestic X cleared for me and GF (who's PLT) at 100 hour mark and SWU for whole trip cleared day of departure. However, they still took stickers from GF for the domestic portion. Neither PLT nor EXP agents could reinstate the "mis-taken" stickers. It needed an email to Customer Relations to get them back, and even then their response suggested they were doing it as a favor rather than to correct their mistake.
This is a bit OT, but this happened to me once when I was PLT, and a quick call to the PLT line cleared it up--they had the stickers back later that day. No mention of doing it differently in future, they just took care of it. This was about a year ago though, so YMMV.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by HNL
My theory is too many damn DEQM EXPs clogging the works, coupled with fewer flights, and IRROPS.
I resent that remark! In 2010 I traveled only 91k BIS miles, but earned 106k EQM and spent extra revenue to AA that I wouldn't otherwise without the DEQM promo. Does that really make me damnable??
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SaksFirst Plat (hey, if we're listing loyalty programmes....)
I am flying the day after you JFK-LHR, and am also waiting for my upgrade in a two-thirds-empty J cabin. ^
That makes three of us in the same empty-J JFK-LHR "no clear" bucket. But the good news is that I fly earlier--13 Jan--and actually just cleared today.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SaksFirst Plat (hey, if we're listing loyalty programmes....)
I would add, this u/g clearing is astounding (lucky?), considering what the OP says about AA's hold-back for weather issues, since I am scheduled to fly the day after what could be a very disruptive travel day tomorrow here in the NYC area!!!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM +, CO, US, UA,SPG, Hertz Presidents Club
Seems to be true... My LAX-SJD hasn't cleared @ t48. J is wide open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.