FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1165841-2011-aa-domestic-meals-menus-menu-photos-etc-consolidated.html)

Robt760 Aug 23, 2011 8:22 pm

AA 831 = FLL-DFW
5:00PM August 22 Mid Con Dinner

On a mileage run LAX/FLL as PLT, splurged on an upgrade for this segment. Newer 738 with Wifi, but not the new Sky Interior.

No PDB

Mixed nuts and choice of beverages

One tray service:
Caesar Salad with Tomato Slice
Wheat or Sourdough Roll (Passed)
Entree= Chicken with creamy roasted pepper sauce, Vegetables and potato wedges (Adobe Chicken?) OR Cheese Tortellini with Red Sauce
Strawberry Cheesecake Slice

mikelat Aug 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge (Post 16979982)
From my experience on the redeyes most of the paxs in F/J usually refuse the meal and get to sleep quickly. Coming from LA most have likely eaten dinner and will hit the ground running as soon as they land at JFK thereby trying to maximize the already short period.

Same observations here. I've been one of the few to be enjoying drinks/food on the LAX-JFK redeye. Their steak salad is actually pretty good. I do notice that most of the cabin is sleeping though, so I do my best to keep lights down and stay quiet.

My recent SFO/LAX-JFK redeyes have just been to connect on to flights to Europe from JFK so I'm not to worried about hitting the ground running. I just end up in the Flagship lounge in JFK waiting for my flight and doing work there for a while, or taking naps.

FlightNurse Aug 24, 2011 2:37 am

What happened to the Shrimp Cocktail?

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 16981923)
AA 831 = FLL-DFW
5:00PM August 22 Mid Con Dinner

On a mileage run LAX/FLL as PLT, splurged on an upgrade for this segment. Newer 738 with Wifi, but not the new Sky Interior.

No PDB

Mixed nuts and choice of beverages

One tray service:
Caesar Salad with Tomato Slice
Wheat or Sourdough Roll (Passed)
Entree= Chicken with creamy roasted pepper sauce, Vegetables and potato wedges (Adobe Chicken?) OR Cheese Tortellini with Red Sauce
Strawberry Cheesecake Slice

WChou Aug 24, 2011 5:08 am

Speaking of meals on redeyes

AA 192
LAX-BOS
752 w/ 22F
9:45PM-6:10AM (sked)
10:09PM-6:21AM (actual)
August 23, 2011
Midnight Raid
PDB: Water, Orange Juice, and Sparkling Wine

Attentive and happy cabin crew. Everyone was chipper from start to finish. Bottles of water were passed out right before the door closed. Meals choices were a seared ahi tuna with lentils or a cheese and fruit plate. Before landing, a full drink run was performed with coffee, juice, and water ready to go in cups.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/7...0823223841.jpg
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5...0823223923.jpg

Dr. HFH Aug 24, 2011 5:29 am

That tuna actually looks good!!

Robt760 Aug 24, 2011 10:04 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 16983174)
What happened to the Shrimp Cocktail?

I'm fairly sure that 'enhancement' to dinner is for flights that fall within a certain criteria for the 'dinner' time block.

One of these factors would be involved:

Flight Block time OVER 3 hrs but not transcon= Yes
Competition with other carriers on the same route = Possibly
Mileage based = Maybe
AA Super Secret Algorithm = Likely

cody77 Aug 24, 2011 6:32 pm

What are American's "traditional" meal times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? I'm booked on DFW-LAX with an 8:20 PM departure. 8:20 seems like it should be dinner time, but they label it as snack/brunch.

FlightNurse Aug 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Interesting that Ahi Tuna is used as a "snack" talk about one of the most expensive fish's to use and hardest to cook too. Not everyone like fish.. I wonder how long this will stay in the rotation?

Originally Posted by WChou (Post 16983529)
Speaking of meals on redeyes

AA 192
LAX-BOS
752 w/ 22F
9:45PM-6:10AM (sked)
10:09PM-6:21AM (actual)
August 23, 2011
Midnight Raid
PDB: Water, Orange Juice, and Sparkling Wine

Attentive and happy cabin crew. Everyone was chipper from start to finish. Bottles of water were passed out right before the door closed. Meals choices were a seared ahi tuna with lentils or a cheese and fruit plate. Before landing, a full drink run was performed with coffee, juice, and water ready to go in cups.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/7...0823223841.jpg
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5...0823223923.jpg

lobo411 Aug 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 16951504)
Dinner

To Start
Warm mixed nuts

Appetizer
Prosciutto garnished with Parmesan cheese, served with cantaloupe puree

Salad
A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens offered with sour cream and herb dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, accompanied by a mozzarella, cherry tomato and fresh basil salad

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads

Main Course
Beef Fillet with Demi-Glace
Grilled fillet of beef enhanced by a shallot and caper demi-glace served with mashed potatoes, carrots, squash, and red onion
An American Classics item

Four Cheese Ravioli
Ravioli pasta filled with four cheeses accented by herbed wild mushroom cream sauce

Dine Upon Request
You may choose one of the featured entrees for your Dine Upon Request selection, presented all at once, at any time you wish during the flight

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

Light Refreshment
Freshly baked on board cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Zeta Cava Brut

White Wines
Thatcher Creek Chardonnay
Terlato Pinot Grigio

Red Wines
Painter Bridge Zinfandel
Wente Vineyards Shorthorn Canyon Syrah

8/11 2Cls, First, Dinner - Snack

Same menu was offered today on AA 277, MIA-LAX (Dinner), D. 340 PM.

sts603 Aug 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 16985141)
I'm fairly sure that 'enhancement' to dinner is for flights that fall within a certain criteria for the 'dinner' time block.

One of these factors would be involved:

Flight Block time OVER 3 hrs but not transcon= Yes
Competition with other carriers on the same route = Possibly
Mileage based = Maybe
AA Super Secret Algorithm = Likely

If its a dinner on a flight blocked at more than 3 hours, it gets shrimp cocktail and sundaes UNLESS it is catered as a transcon (varying appetizers, made to order sundaes, menus, etc).

brenc3 Aug 25, 2011 7:03 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 16988984)
Interesting that Ahi Tuna is used as a "snack" talk about one of the most expensive fish's to use and hardest to cook too. Not everyone like fish.. I wonder how long this will stay in the rotation?

It's been there for a long time and I hope it stays because I love it. It's not uncommon to have one fish option; there's also the salmon salad a lunch/snack.

The cheese they use in the fruit and cheese plate is pretty decent quality too - far better than the cheese plate for dessert on international J.

MrAndy1369 Aug 26, 2011 2:55 pm

DFW-DCA (8/23/2011)
Snack/Brunch

To begin:

Warm nuts and a cranberry-orange vodka mixer

Picture

Snack:

Choice of:

Warm Turkey Sandwich or Cold Buffalo Chicken Salad

Picture

To Finish:

Freshly baked cookie

Picture

Very delicious and filling meal. The sandwich hit the right spot - it was perfectly cooked and the bread baked freshly. The side salad, though, was not the best. Bag of Pita Chips was average. A side note that the meal tray and the plates, etc. appeared smaller than they did in the pictures here. (It was my first time flying AA midcon F.) The main plate fit easily in my hand. Are transcon/international F/J plates as small?

JY1024 Aug 26, 2011 3:25 pm

BOS-DFW
Lunch flight

- Beef quesadilla with salsa and rice; side salad with cheese, beans, and corn salsa w/creamy cilandro dressing; pita chips and garlic hummous

- Chicken and blueberry salad; pita chips and garlic hummous

Chocolate chip cookie

aamilesslave Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by sts603 (Post 16989782)
If its a dinner on a flight blocked at more than 3 hours, it gets shrimp cocktail and sundaes UNLESS it is catered as a transcon (varying appetizers, made to order sundaes, menus, etc).

Not sundaes...you either get ice cream sludge or the very tasty brownie with a small scoop of ice cream

All American Flyer Aug 29, 2011 11:47 am

SFO-ORD Breakfast

Nothing new here...

Choice of:

Southwest Omelet served with potatoes and salsa
Side of Melon
OR
Cereal with Fruit
Served with Berries and Yogurt

Breakfast Breads: Bagels and Biscuits