Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 and future: are you keeping EXP ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 12:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Not unless I plunk down $1k for runs ex Stl, rdu, etc. From LAX not that easy or cheap.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 1:59 am

Definitely not going to give up EXP---I'm DM on DL, which is nice for domestic flights, but AAdvantage rocks for international travel...
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:31 am

I am on 0 miles for this year and have no plans to earn any more than that.

I've been quite happy with just sticking to Europe for the year.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I will requalify for 2011 and assuming that I have the time, the money, and the ability to travel I plan to remain EXP until either the program ends or I do.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Yup. Only 532 miles away from requal.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Will requalify once the STLDT miles post for my last trip... got 30K more for the rest of the year... hopefully we will get a reward for hitting 125K this year again.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SaksFirst Plat (hey, if we're listing loyalty programmes....)
On target for Nov requalification. A surprise couple of business trips next month are speeding up the process--was supposed to requalify entirely on personal travel by the end of Dec, and even threw in a *precautionary* mileage run last month that is now moot. Well, not moot for purposes of reaching 1mm, etc. Plan to keep going in 2011 as well, gotta put those SWUs to proper use!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM
Will requalify for EXP by mid November. Most of my flights are leisure so I book them way in advance. I churn through those SWUs. Just got 4 more for reaching 4MM.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by ChicagoAA
Will requalify for EXP by mid November. Most of my flights are leisure so I book them way in advance. I churn through those SWUs. Just got 4 more for reaching 4MM.
Congratulations on the 4MM! GLad to hear that 4SWU's will be waiting for me soon.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I will be reaching EXP by the end of the year. I plan to hold on to it as I've had nothing but great experiences so far from AA.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
I'm hoping to hang on but it will be tight. With last year's DEQMs I was at about 150K, but even with regular TATL travel it will take some careful planning for the rest of the year.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:04 am

80% of the way there thanks to the DEQM promos...planning a couple BNA/RDU runs before year end to requalify..
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
I've been EXP ever since the tier was created and plan to requal this year, though, like last year, only thanks to a promo (DBLBNA, in my case). Without those promos, I may find myself getting satisfied with Plat for life status. The economy's just to unpredictable to warrant extra MRs.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
EXP for the past 5 years--would not even qualify for Gold this year. Unemployment and the lack of TATL MRs out of ORD this year have doomed me to a PLT soft landing for 2011.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: A few
After switching my domestic weekly RDU-LGA runs to DL in March I figured I'd be giving up EXP this year. But then change of job and some international travel to Asia bumps up my AA travel and with the RDU bonuses one NRT MR will get me over the line. Thanks to DL for starting the RDU bonuses as that will see me getting both Plat with them and EXP with AA for this year plus around 200k in RDM on both. Way to go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.