FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA Chicago Service Change? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1005104-aa-chicago-service-change.html)

MAH4546 Oct 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA (Post 12611171)
But a total of 47 CRJ-700s isn't anywhere near enough airplanes to serve ORD's domestic schedule - e.

As of now, no final decision has been made where to base all the 22 new deliveries. While they will likely all be physically based out of O'Hare, they might still be doing a lot of flying from Dallas, or allowing Miami to add some thinner routes to the Northeast/Midwest (i.e. Buffalo, Milwaukee, Ottawa, White Plains). We'll know more in the spring.

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 12673709)
Noting announced by AA, DL, or the chicago Department of Aviation.

Nothing announced, but its all but "official." In fact, I believe AA's O'Hare terminal maps on their website are already showing the changes.

mvoight Oct 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 12615422)
Last month, AA announced an adjustments to their schedule to be put in place by Summer 2010, which would focus more on hub flying and would, in part, increase flying from ORD.

Per TB, the planned breakdown of flights at ORD after the adjustments:

•AA and its regional affiliates will operate 487
departures, a 13% increase.
173 AA Jet departures
64 CR7 departures
250 EMJ departures
•AA and its regional affiliates will serve 114
destinations, 97 domestic and 17 international,
a 16% increase in destinations.

It's certainly a good amount of AE traffic, but ORD already has a ton of AE traffic. The rumor that all domestic is going AE is clearly incorrect.

So, most of the flights are non mainline, correct?

KD5MDK Oct 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Probably about equal by seats though, at least.

ty97 Oct 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 12674304)
So, most of the flights are non mainline, correct?

Based on those numbers, 64.5% of the flights are non mainline, so about two-thirds. That's certainly not "all domestic flying going RJ" as was the rumor that started this thread.

I wonder how that compares percentage-wise to mainline vs RJ travel out of ORD today? I doubt it's a huge shift, but I've been wrong before.

mvoight Oct 20, 2009 12:52 am

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 12615422)
Last month, AA announced an adjustments to their schedule to be put in place by Summer 2010, which would focus more on hub flying and would, in part, increase flying from ORD.

Per TB, the planned breakdown of flights at ORD after the adjustments:

•AA and its regional affiliates will operate 487
departures, a 13% increase.
173 AA Jet departures
64 CR7 departures
250 EMJ departures
•AA and its regional affiliates will serve 114
destinations, 97 domestic and 17 international,
a 16% increase in destinations.

It's certainly a good amount of AE traffic, but ORD already has a ton of AE traffic. The rumor that all domestic is going AE is clearly incorrect.

The OP didn't say all, just most.

mvoight Oct 20, 2009 12:52 am

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 12674497)
Based on those numbers, 64.5% of the flights are non mainline, so about two-thirds. That's certainly not "all domestic flying going RJ" as was the rumor that started this thread.

I wonder how that compares percentage-wise to mainline vs RJ travel out of ORD today? I doubt it's a huge shift, but I've been wrong before.

I didn't see the "all domestic" part. Did the OP change the first post? It now says "most"

ty97 Oct 20, 2009 1:12 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 12675322)
I didn't see the "all domestic" part. Did the OP change the first post? It now says "most"

Fair enough. I won't get into a semantic argument over whether that qualifies for "most" flights (because, of course, 50% + 1 would qualify as most technically, though I didn't get the sense the OP was using it that way).

The OP also said "...planning on turning most, in country flights, out of ORD to RJ's by Eagle" (emphasis mine) implying that this high level of Eagle flying isn't already the norm at ORD.