Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA reaches a direct connect agreement with Priceline (Jan 18, 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH

I'm surprised that nothing has been written here about this.
WSJ UPDATE: American Airlines Reaches Pact With Priceline
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-mar...with-priceline

Apparently, American has reached a direct connect agreement with Priceline and the article also mentions Vegas.com. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For related threads, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...21-2010-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2011-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ug-2011-a.html

Update regarding AA Flight Availability listings on ExpertFlyer

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jan 19, 2011 at 10:13 am
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:13 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Saw this mentioned on CNBC yesterday, too. Surprised there hasn't been more discussion here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Mod note with related threads added to OP. /Moderator)
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
From AA's own press release (italics mine):

Priceline.com expects to begin issuing American Airlines tickets through the link in the near future. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Interesting little note to include in one's own press release. Complete conjecture: How much do you think AA paid Priceline to use direct connect? Or is it just all of the cross-marketing that's being done by way of press release (for Kayak too)?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by resnick
From AA's own press release (italics mine):

Interesting little note to include in one's own press release. Complete conjecture: How much do you think AA paid Priceline to use direct connect? Or is it just all of the cross-marketing that's being done by way of press release (for Kayak too)?
Priceline has been highlighting its relationship with AA also. I would be interested to see if there has been an increase in Priceline's bookings since the AA war with Expedia et al. began.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by FLYERIL
Priceline has been highlighting its relationship with AA also. I would be interested to see if there has been an increase in Priceline's bookings since the AA war with Expedia et al. began.
Obviously not an answer that has much weight, but I can tell you I went to priceline today to check out a trip I knew I wanted a B6 flight in one direction and AA in the other.

But then again, i swore off Expedia years ago when they didn't honor the Hilton Tokyo bookings.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by tenmoc
But then again, i swore off Expedia years ago when they didn't honor the Hilton Tokyo bookings.
glad I'm not the only one ^
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does that mean that Expedia no longer sells interline tickets to places where AA + its codeshares doesn't fly to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.