Wiki Posts
Search

US/HP Elite Match Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
US/HP Elite Match Policy

Anyone care to guess whether the merger will eliminate or reduce the liberal elite matching program HP has offered in the past? Is US liberal with matching elite status from other airlines?

Last edited by transporter99; Jul 24, 2005 at 1:07 am
Old Jul 24, 2005, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
US seems quite liberal with matching. They matched my Delta Silver with no problem. I did not try with my HP Silver.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
I just mailed out my package, I'll let you know how I make out.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
Here it is, August 13, and still have not been matched. I called Dividend Miles and they asked me to give it another week before they take more extremme measures. He sounded like he was willing to help but said it takes about 4 weeks to go through the system.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TopGun
Here it is, August 13, and still have not been matched. I called Dividend Miles and they asked me to give it another week before they take more extremme measures. He sounded like he was willing to help but said it takes about 4 weeks to go through the system.
I never mailed anything out fot Status match to USAir. I'm HP Plat and faxed my stuff over to Carole Blazer. After a couple days I emailed to see if they had gotten everything I need and they replied that I was matched to Gold Preferred. Shouldn't take 4 weeks.

Lance
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier, DL Silver
Talking

I'm not surprised that US is slow to acknowledge a comp. I've given up on US and will not fly them again until HP takes over and all of the idiots in CCY are parachuted to places unknown.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 1:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Several years ago when I first started flying US, I simply faxed my HP statement and a copy of my HP elite membership card right over to the US Dividend Miles service center. The next day I had a message waiting on my answering machine from someone at US saying they had given me the Silver-Silver elite match, no problems at all.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 5:56 am

Programs: US1
Originally Posted by TopGun

FAX IT, FAX IT, FAX IT. You will be comped probably the next day.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
When is the best time to fax credentials for match with US? I am going to be matching NW Gold to US Gold, and want to maximize the Elite status period (that is for it to go for the full next year, not just till Feb 28 2006)? I know when matching to HP the best time to submit everything is in late September, any experiences with US?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by asnovici
When is the best time to fax credentials for match with US? I am going to be matching NW Gold to US Gold, and want to maximize the Elite status period (that is for it to go for the full next year, not just till Feb 28 2006)? I know when matching to HP the best time to submit everything is in late September, any experiences with US?
Send it now. Matches being done now are valid until 02/07. I would imagine that at some point soon US will just stop doing them until after the merger, so I'd get on it.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:47 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Smile

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Send it now. Matches being done now are valid until 02/07.

AZ, are you absolutely sure about this? If this is correct, thats fantastic news, I am just being a bit cautious
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by asnovici
AZ, are you absolutely sure about this? If this is correct, thats fantastic news, I am just being a bit cautious
Well, I have a card to prove it.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I was comped to Gold HP membership a couple of years ago, and got use out of it for 17 months or so. Since they screwed around with the pricing of the PHX-SJO flights and reduced the Gold bonus, I never got to even silver in a year.

I do fly a lot of PHX-LAX and some PHX-LAS flights, and wouldn't mind sitting in front. It seems the consensus that the US status will carry over to HP.

Will US match status for status? I am Plat with NW and have flown about 90k this year. I think the US upper tier is 100k, correct? Would I be their midlevel or top level?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Prem. Exec, HP Plat, DL, NW, Hertz #1 Gold, Emerald Club
Does US comp up to the plat level? Also, does anyone have the fax number and a contact at US to address it to?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by rjp6902
Does US comp up to the plat level? Also, does anyone have the fax number and a contact at US to address it to?
There is no Plat level in the US program. They have Silver (25K); Gold (50K) and Chairman's Preferred (100K). They say they don't comp to the 100K level, though I suspect they would under certain limited circumstances.

As to who and where to send the info, I suggest you do a search over on the US board for the words "status comp."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.