Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Are fare rule details available online after purchase online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2003, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum

I am not sure whether the fare rules are viewable prior to purchase, but I know I cannot find the fare rules for ticketed flights.

Anyone able to help? Thanks!
Old May 5, 2003, 2:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Sort of available -- depends on exactly what you want to know and why.

When you get to the "Purchase" screen you can click on "View Details" next to the total fare and it gives you the fare breakdown as well as the fare basis code, in case you are concerned about whether a fare can be upgraded or not using miles. All it tells you is the fare basis (i.e., QR7NL for one that I'm looking at right now, which just tells you it is a "Q" fare); you have to otherwise know that K, V & M fares are not eligible for mileage upgrades unless you are HP Platinum.

At the bottom of the Purchase screen are the Terms and Conditions of the fare, such as non-refundable, $100 fee for changes, etc.
Old May 5, 2003, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Thanks for the info. I was looking for something regarding co-terminus info. Here is a snippet from Yahoo Travel's fare rules for an America West fare:

CO-TERMINALS

-THE FOLLOWING GROUPS OF CITIES ARE CONSIDERED TO BE THE SAME POINT
BUR - LAX - LGB - ONT,
BWI - DCA - IAD - WAS,
EWR - NYC - JFK - LGA,
FLL - MIA,
OAK - SFO,
ORD - MDW.

I wonder where on the HP site (during or after a ticket purchase), can I have access to this info. Some airlines have different co-terminals rules for different fare buckets. Does HP always uses these co-terminals or depends on the actual fare rule of the purchased ticket?
Old May 5, 2003, 11:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I have an idea...

Call 1-800-2FLYAWA and ask!
Old May 6, 2003, 9:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jet2K:
Thanks for the info. I was looking for something regarding co-terminus info. . .I wonder where on the HP site (during or after a ticket purchase), can I have access to this info. Some airlines have different co-terminals rules for different fare buckets. Does HP always uses these co-terminals or depends on the actual fare rule of the purchased ticket?</font>

I'm not aware of anyplace on HP's site that gives you this information prior to purchase. It may be in the fine print of the ticket after it's printed out, but I don't know.

I also think you are correct that the co-terminals depend upon the specific fare being purchased, as frequently fares between PHX and EWR and JFK, for example, can be quite different and I once tried to change from a flight out of JFK to PHX to a flight out of EWR and when I called they said I couldn't do it via their standard same-day waitlist process. I don't recall all the details, but it was going to be a costly change so I didn't do it.
Old May 14, 2003, 9:26 am
Original Poster

As suggested by TransWorldOne, I called and was told that the fare rules are not accessible during or after the booking process, but was told that I should be able to get the information over the phone.
Old May 14, 2003, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
It's amazing that in an industry with such complicated, arcane rules customers are expected to make their purchases having little knowledge of the particulars. Then, if somethings goes wrong, it's your fault for disregarding the rules.

While America West is fairly customer friendly, some other airlines aren't. I'm hoping that someday better fare rule information (or simplified fare rules) is put in an easily accessible place. This is especially important with the decreasing role of travel agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.