Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Increase in required mileage for ANA international and flight partner award tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Increase in required mileage for ANA international and flight partner award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/guide/am...e/info/231206/

Changes kick in for tickets purchased after midnight Japan Standard Time on April 18th. See the above link for more details, but for round-trip continental US <-> Japan redemptions on ANA metal:

J Before (Low/Regular/High season): 75,000 / 85,000 / 90,000
J After (Low/Regular/High season): 100,000 / 105,000 / 110,000

F Before (Low/Regular/High season): 150,000 / 150,000 / 165,000
F After (Low/Regular/High season): 150,000 / 170,000 / 200,000
Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
Do note that if you book something before April 18, but change it on April 18 or later, that the new redemption cost will apply.
Virginia Emery likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
Ouch, this is the inevitable though. ANA has been one of the best valued award booking programs for quite some time. Hopefully they allow one ways at some point for international flights.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:54 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
It sucks, specially the increase between USA - Europe. I wish they changed this between east coast and west coast. It cost the same miles a 12 hour flight from California to Germany than a 6 hour flight from NYC to Lisbon...
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:24 am

Wish they allowed one way bookings, at least on partners.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:40 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Very unfortunate to see, but not exactly unexpected. It would be nice to see additional flexibility in regards to one ways, faster point transfer times, and routing changes along such a large increase in ticket cost. At these rates it almost makes more sense to book with other more flexible carriers.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:47 pm

Was playing around looking at rates for some routes and I think I noticed some changes to the reservation process.

Previously in order to book as early as possible, you had to use the Japanese version of the website. That way you could get the full 355 days out right at release instead of waiting for it to be 9am in another time zone.

Now when I use the Japanese version of the site, and go to book an award reservation, I am only allowed to make award reservations for domestic Japanese flights.

Am I misremembering this or is this a change ?

Edit: Edit: They did make a change, now you have to select "Abroad" from the left-hand menu before trying to book international flights with the Japanese version of the site

Last edited by Fengo; Feb 28, 2024 at 1:55 pm
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Fengo
Was playing around looking at rates for some routes and I think I noticed some changes to the reservation process.

Previously in order to book as early as possible, you had to use the Japanese version of the website. That way you could get the full 355 days out right at release instead of waiting for it to be 9am in another time zone.

Now when I use the Japanese version of the site, and go to book an award reservation, I am only allowed to make award reservations for domestic Japanese flights.

Am I misremembering this or is this a change ?

Edit: Edit: They did make a change, now you have to select "Abroad" from the left-hand menu before trying to book international flights with the Japanese version of the site
You've always had to.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by pgsanta
You've always had to.
Ah, then either the browser or the site remembers your previous settings because I have not had to do that recently.
pgsanta likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 4:30 pm

Programs: CX, BR and CI
If I book the award ticket before April 18 and only date changed afterwards, should I use new award chart or not?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ralphto2112
If I book the award ticket before April 18 and only date changed afterwards, should I use new award chart or not?
You'd use the new chart.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA, CSP
I have 2 one-way NH tickets booked for October using UA miles and ticketed through UA. The first is SFO-NRT in F (taking a positioning flight the day before to experience The Suite) and the return is HND-IAD in J.

In case I need to change my flight after the April 17 deadline, how do these new award rates effect what will be charged for UA miles? Asking because I paid 110K for J and that's listed as the new rate for partners.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by spellingninja
I have 2 one-way NH tickets booked for October using UA miles and ticketed through UA. The first is SFO-NRT in F (taking a positioning flight the day before to experience The Suite) and the return is HND-IAD in J.

In case I need to change my flight after the April 17 deadline, how do these new award rates effect what will be charged for UA miles? Asking because I paid 110K for J and that's listed as the new rate for partners.
It's been confirmed that any changes made to a ticketed award reservation after the cut off will automatically trigger the higher award costs on ANA's end; I would assume that would extend to any changes made via a partner, but maybe you'd get lucky and the systems aren't set up to account yet. I don't know. I think you're probably going to have to call in and ask, but I'd be surprised if you didn't get charged the higher rates.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, CSP
That makes a lot of sense. I also wonder if the new J rates were to bring other partners up to UA rates. I remember reading somewhere that other partners allowed you to redeem J tickets for much less - around 85K or 90K miles rather than 110K. If it's a case of bringing partners up to UA levels, it kind of makes sense.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by spellingninja
That makes a lot of sense. I also wonder if the new J rates were to bring other partners up to UA rates. I remember reading somewhere that other partners allowed you to redeem J tickets for much less - around 85K or 90K miles rather than 110K. If it's a case of bringing partners up to UA levels, it kind of makes sense.
I think it is mostly just that all airlines are facing the same pressures from the sheer volume of mileage points out there, and the back-log that was created during COVID.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.