FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club-443/)
-   -   Booking Business Class Award, Lap Infant 10% Fee? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1985680-booking-business-class-award-lap-infant-10-fee.html)

beastieb Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am

Lap children on awards [consolidated]

Wondering if anyone has had an experience similar to this. My brother booked a first class award ticket with VS miles and called in to ANA a few weeks ago to get an infant lap seat ticket added to the reservation. The ANA agent was going through the process to create the ticket and when she was about to charge him he told her to hold off and said he'd call back to check on price later as he was quoted it would be 10% the cost of a revenue ticket which was about $16,000 at the time and the agent advise it may drop at some point if he wants to add it later. Today he went on to the ANA website and there seems to be a ticket issued for his infant with her name and passport number and everything, he was just never charged for it. Anyone else have this happen, is there any way to determine if the ticket was actually fully issued, or if he will still be charged?

CPH-Flyer Dec 15, 2017 5:24 pm

They will probably hold it very close until departure, F tickets normally don't require advance ticketing. But he will not be allowed to use it without paying for it. Ultimately, he will be charged at the airport if he want to board with a lap infant.

I would not hold my breath for prices going much down.. ANA is not know for their F sales.

beastieb Dec 15, 2017 6:41 pm

I looked at his reservation and the infant ticket looks just like the other award tickets. Is there anyway to see if its just a hold? Or actually a ticket.

CPH-Flyer Dec 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb (Post 29179713)
I looked at his reservation and the infant ticket looks just like the other award tickets. Is there anyway to see if its just a hold? Or actually a ticket.

Is there a ticket number?

beastieb Dec 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 29179965)
Is there a ticket number?

I logged into his reservation and I can't even find their ticket numbers. Any idea how to find out?

CPH-Flyer Dec 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb (Post 29189394)
I logged into his reservation and I can't even find their ticket numbers. Any idea how to find out?

I am unfortunately not that well versed in ANA's website that I remember where it is placed in the manage booking section. But it will be there, my guess is together with traveler name and details.

CJNoobie Dec 29, 2017 9:15 am

The eTicket number for each passenger is in the email received after the reservation was confirmed, just under the Passenger name, but above the airports listed in the itinerary.

Hope that helps.

Tokyoite Dec 30, 2017 12:57 am

Originally Posted by beastieb (Post 29179713)

check here with both the adult's and infant's booking reference number and see if you can get the ticket numbers (202- for infant ANA issued ticket, 932- for adult VS issued ticket)
https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS

TennisNoob Dec 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Do let us know what they charge you, I need to know this for future reference :)

I'd rather just book 2 tickets rather than getting a surprise figure at check in.

beastieb Jan 4, 2018 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 29229351)
check here with both the adult's and infant's booking reference number and see if you can get the ticket numbers (202- for infant ANA issued ticket, 932- for adult VS issued ticket)
https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plnext/XCMTXXNS/StartOver.action;?LANGUAGE=GB&SITE=XCMTXXNS

So with this link I see ticket numbers. But, I only see 2 ticket numbers for the adults both that start with 932, but one of the tickets has the infant listed right next to it and all the infant information is listed here.

Tokyoite Jan 5, 2018 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb (Post 29250148)
So with this link I see ticket numbers. But, I only see 2 ticket numbers for the adults both that start with 932, but one of the tickets has the infant listed right next to it and all the infant information is listed here.

so, ANA hasnt issued a ticket for the infant. they might not have received payment for the infant. Call ANA

beastieb Jan 9, 2018 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 29255066)
so, ANA hasnt issued a ticket for the infant. they might not have received payment for the infant. Call ANA

I know they have not received payment. We were just surprised she seems added to the reservation even without payment. I was trying to determine if that's normal.

Tokyoite Jan 9, 2018 3:27 pm

Call ANA, or risk getting surprised at the airport

ushela03 Feb 6, 2018 2:01 pm

Infant Lap Ticket

Does anyone have any advice on how to avoid paying 10% of a revenue F fair for an infant lap child.

I have LAX-NRT F award on hold through Virgin Atlantic for 2 adults. Price for both is 220,000 miles + $512.22 We want to fly with my 1 year old. Virgin Atlantic said the infant ticket has to be done with ANA. ANA wants $1789 for the infant lap ticket.

Your help is appreciated.

armagebedar Feb 6, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by ushela03 (Post 29386983)
Does anyone have any advice on how to avoid paying 10% of a revenue F fair for an infant lap child.

Unfortunately there is no way around this: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/servicei...ily/#anchor018

Also, in case you are thinking of reserving another F seat, the following restriction applies:

We are unable to accept infants (who are at least 8 days old but less than 2 years old applicable to child fare) occupying a seat onboard First Class (on all aircrafts) and Business Class on the Boeing 787aircraft (of a certain model). Only seat pairs next to each other in row D and F, E and G can be assigned for the infant occupying a seat and the accompanying passenger onboard Business Class on the Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.