Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] ANA award redemptions on Etihad (EY)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat

Does anyone know how far in advance you can try and book award space on Etihad? Is it essentially in line with the policy that AA adhere to?

Also I think I already know the answer to this but Etihad no longer offer the Chauffeur service to ANA bookings?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Does anyone know how far in advance you can try and book award space on Etihad? Is it essentially in line with the policy that AA adhere to?

Also I think I already know the answer to this but Etihad no longer offer the Chauffeur service to ANA bookings?
Etihad does offer Chauffeur service on ANA bookings. Just flew Etihad 3 weeks ago from SFO - AUH - JED - AUH - SFO. Got Chauffeur to-from SFO and at AUH (Stop- over)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:32 pm

Etihad partner award ticket - iad-bkk

Hi,

Does anyone know how many miles would be required to book an Etihad award through ana in business class from iad-bkk roundtrip would be? Also, is it difficult to do/find availability? And are there a lot of surcharges?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM
Hi,

Does anyone know how many miles would be required to book an Etihad award through ana in business class from iad-bkk roundtrip would be? Also, is it difficult to do/find availability? And are there a lot of surcharges?

Thanks for any advice!
North America(IAD) to Asia 2(BKK) requires 136,000 miles in business.
However, you can't go through Europe.
The rule prohibits Area 1(North America) to Area 3(Asia) via Area 2(Europe).

Therefore, you need separate awards.
North America to Middle East requires 104,000 miles in business.
Middle East to Asia2 reuiqres 80,000 miels in business.
So, if you want to fly IAD-AUH-BKK-AUH-IAD, you need 184,000 miles.

Then, I have checked more than 10 random dates for IAD-AUH from JAN2017 to DEC2017. There is no availability at all.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jan 18, 2017 at 4:14 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
North America(IAD) to Asia 2(BKK) requires 136,000 miles in business.
However, you can't go through Europe.
The rule prohibits Area 1(North America) to Area 3(Asia) via Area 2(Europe).

Therefore, you need separate awards.
North America to Middle East requires 104,000 miles in business.
Middle East to Asia2 reuiqres 80,000 miels in business.
So, if you want to fly IAD-AUH-BKK-AUH-IAD, you need 184,000 miles.

Then, I have checked more than 10 random dates for IAD-AUH from JAN2017 to DEC2017. There is no availability at all.
Wasabi,

Thanks for the info! Are you checking through etihad guest for award space? And if so, are you only looking at Guest seat or open seat availability? I see space for open seat, but not guest seat. Also, are the rules you are stating, ANA's rules, or etihad's rules?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM
Wasabi,

Thanks for the info! Are you checking through etihad guest for award space? And if so, are you only looking at Guest seat or open seat availability? I see space for open seat, but not guest seat. Also, are the rules you are stating, ANA's rules, or etihad's rules?
It's ANA's award rule for partner airlines.

I checked award availabity by ANA's online award booking page.
For IAD-AUH, only TK flights are shown in some days.

I don't know correctness of Etihad availabiity on ANA's booking page.
However, for non-Staralliance partner, at least, GA(Garuda) availability is shown by ANA's partners award booking page. (e.g. you can book GA's HND-CGK-HND by ANA's award booking page)
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Whoa wait, we can book some non Star alliance partners with NH miles?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by ainternational
Whoa wait, we can book some non Star alliance partners with NH miles?
YES.
See
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as.../tk/usage.html

non StarAlliance partners are:

EN,NX,EY,EW,GA,4U,HA,9W,PR,VS,VN
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:04 pm

Etihad Chauffeur on ANA awards and routing rules

Hello,

I read several places that Etihad ended their chauffeur for AA award tickets booked after ~ August 10, 2016. I'm reading some data points that people booking Etihad flights with ANA miles were able to get the chauffeur service. Is one allowed to have chauffeur with ANA booked awards? I'm not seeing any documentation on that.

Also, would you happen to know if you are allowed a double open jaw and a stop over flying with Etihad:

SFO-AUH (stopover) - SEZ

JNB-AUH-LAX
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Most recent answer I received was yes to your first Q.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IIRC ANA only requires that you return to the country of origin.

Since SEZ and JNB are in the same award region,you should be fine there also.

But couldn't say 100% for sure...
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
IIRC ANA only requires that you return to the country of origin.

Since SEZ and JNB are in the same award region,you should be fine there also.

But couldn't say 100% for sure...
I was trying to back track SFO-AUH-SEZ / SEZ-AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-LAX

For some reason the availability on expertflyer and Etihad's website didn't match the inventory for LAX and they said that they could only get this to work:

SFO-AUH-SEZ / AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-SFO

Took a while to get the itinerary together. So I'm not sure if a double open jaw is allowed, but potentially looks like you cannot backtrack as they said after speaking to a supervisor the backtracking didn't work because JNB is the further than SEZ. Didn't quite make sense, though the agent's english was fairly high level.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You missed out that middle part in your original post. You made it seem as if you were making your own way between SEZ and JNB.

ANA has limits on the amount of transits through the same airport. I'd say you're fairly lucky to get what you've gotten. I would have thought the best you'd get would have been SFO-AUH / stopover / AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-SFO and you'd have to do the trip to SEZ separately.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Most recent answer I received was yes to your first Q.
I did want to follow-up on this. I just booked through ANA and it says I am eligible for the chauffeur service on Etihad.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:17 pm

I did want to follow-up on this. I just booked through ANA and it says I am eligible for the chauffeur service on Etihad.
Do you get the chauffeur on a stopover in AUH? I'm wondering if they would take you to Dubai and then pick you up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.