Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

789 on YVR-HND and what door is used for boarding?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

am booked YVR-HND later this year. it appears that ANA will put the new 789 on that route beginning april 28, 2016. there is no indication that this is a strictly summer aircraft assignment. So hopefully it will be the new staggered business class layout. i sure hope it's not an old aircraft with the cradle seats.

Are both front doors (1L & 2L) used for boarding on the 787? currently have a seat towards the front booked but would change that if i knew that boarding was only through 2L.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BenSenise
am booked YVR-HND later this year. it appears that ANA will put the new 789 on that route beginning april 28, 2016. there is no indication that this is a strictly summer aircraft assignment. So hopefully it will be the new staggered business class layout. i sure hope it's not an old aircraft with the cradle seats.

Are both front doors (1L & 2L) used for boarding on the 787? currently have a seat towards the front booked but would change that if i knew that boarding was only through 2L.
The 787-9 in international configuration only comes with business staggered. The other configuration that NH does have os for domestic rutes only.
The 787-8 seems to be very consistently boarding at 2L only. The -9 I have seen too little in action to say something about.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
I believe boarding is almost always the 2 doors on the 787 due to it being to easy to damage the aircraft at doors 1.

Not sure why - but thats what I have heard from a few people.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ANstar
I believe boarding is almost always the 2 doors on the 787 due to it being to easy to damage the aircraft at doors 1.

Not sure why - but thats what I have heard from a few people.
JAL does use door 1 on arrival in Haneda a fair bit, but I have never seen it for departure.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: NH Dia (MM), QF-Plt, S-La GC Dia, Marriot Plt
On my ANA flights in and out of Haneda on the 788, I've only ever seen both doors in use...with the exception of the times when we've had to use the ramp bus coming in...and it does happen from time to time (and that experience varies widely from the crew doing the right thing in letting J go first, to it being a complete cluster. .)
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for your answers. I might just keep those forward seats.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:40 am

Great to hear ANA isn't using their cradle business class domestic seat for this route over the summer. I was suppose to fly this flight this Thursday with a connection to SIN with the same domestic seat. Glad I caught it and refunded the fare before stepping on this plane...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.