Search

ANA 763 J or TG J? BKK-TYO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
ANA 763 J or TG J? BKK-TYO

I am looking to book a BKK-TYO flight. It looks like the ANA seats are pretty lousy on the 763, especially for a 6+ hour flight. Would you choose the ANA cradle seats or take your chances with whatever Royal Silk product TG chooses to "TG" you with on that day?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:33 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I am looking to book a BKK-TYO flight. It looks like the ANA seats are pretty lousy on the 763, especially for a 6+ hour flight. Would you choose the ANA cradle seats or take your chances with whatever Royal Silk product TG chooses to "TG" you with on that day?
The NH 767 seats are fine for a day flight, IMO, but if you're overnighting the TG 777 red-eye to NRT is slightly better (though I'm not a fan of slanted lie-flat seats). Not sure about the BKK-NRT TG A320 flight, though.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just beware the TG 747 J seats, many of the flights they use the old seats(like this past Wednesday) !
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:44 pm

If you could get either the 77W fully-flat or 77E/744 slanted-flat bed seats, then TG would be far preferable to the NH seat. Especially when you get a nice 30-minute massage before boarding the flight.

However, if there is any chance of getting the hideous 747 cradle seat on TG, then I believe the NH J seat is marginally more comfortable.

Personally, I would go for the TG option and take my chances.. After all, out of 4 possible aircraft/seat type combinations on TG, only one is inferior to NH.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
If you could get either the 77W fully-flat or 77E/744 slanted-flat bed seats, then TG would be far preferable to the NH seat. Especially when you get a nice 30-minute massage before boarding the flight.

However, if there is any chance of getting the hideous 747 cradle seat on TG, then I believe the NH J seat is marginally more comfortable.

Personally, I would go for the TG option and take my chances.. After all, out of 4 possible aircraft/seat type combinations on TG, only one is inferior to NH.
It looks like TG is serving NRT with the 77W leased from Jet sometimes, if I could get that one I would def. pony up the miles for F.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
It looks like TG is serving NRT with the 77W leased from Jet sometimes, if I could get that one I would def. pony up the miles for F.
I may be wrong but I *believe* TG 676 / TG 677 is consistently operated by the 777-300ER which has a great product in F/J
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Service and food so much better than TG ! Okay the seats aren't the best on NH but a shortish flight from NRT to HKG earlier this month just wow'd me!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Service and food so much better than TG ! Okay the seats aren't the best on NH but a shortish flight from NRT to HKG earlier this month just wow'd me!
But on a night flight from BKK-NRT, I personally think the hard product is the most important factor. In that regard, TG is the better option given that you're guaranteed a recliner seat on NH that won't be much good for sleeping.

Plus, after a massage at the Royal Orchid Spa, you'll be drifting to the flight to NRT ready to close your eyes as soon as the seatbelt sign is turned off. I experienced this on a night flight ex-BKK before... and it was very good!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:28 pm

sometimes ANA uses the newest 767 in NRT-BKK or HND-BKK
(because the aircraft change to BKK,Taipei Sungshan is no longer use the new ones,)

but I am interesting the TPE-NRT aircraft changes or not in W11
the A320(20C90Y) in Y is a nightmare,IFE is very poor.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I may be wrong but I *believe* TG 676 / TG 677 is consistently operated by the 777-300ER which has a great product in F/J
You are correct, the 77W's do BKK-NRT-BKK-CDG-BKK turns and that flight is always with a 9W 77W jet.

I too would say TG would definitely be better than NH C; I would take my chances with TG and think the 744 in old config, whilst still possible, is less than likely.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I went with TG F, booked the flight with the 9W 77W, it's a day flight anyway. Should be good.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
I went with TG F, booked the flight with the 9W 77W, it's a day flight anyway. Should be good.
Congrats. That's one of the best hard products in the sky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.