FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   One leg of one way flight cancelled - refund for leg or full trip? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/2015720-one-leg-one-way-flight-cancelled-refund-leg-full-trip.html)

NYEsq Apr 14, 2020 4:00 am

One leg of one way flight cancelled - refund for leg or full trip?

I just got an email from Alitalia that "We inform you that flight AZ XXXXX on May 10 from PALERMO PMO to MILANO LIN has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 health emergency and the consequent travel restrictions decided by national and international authorities."

The PNR is for PMO-LIN-LCY, but the email did not mention the connecting flight.

They go on to offer me two options:
If you would like to receive a voucher, valid for 1 year, for flights to any destination served by Alitalia, send your request to [email protected], including a copy of your ticket. If your ticket was purchased from a travel agent, please contact them directly.
  • This option entitles you to a voucher equal to the amount of the ticket purchased, as well as:
    - 15€ if the cancelled flight is national or international;
    - 60€ if the cancelled flight is intercontinental
  • If you would like to receive a ticket refund, send your request to [email protected] or contact the travel agency where your ticket was purchased.
My question is -- if I request the refund, would the refund be just for the cancelled leg - or for the full itinerary?

garykung Apr 14, 2020 4:46 am

Originally Posted by NYEsq (Post 32291653)
My question is -- if I request the refund, would the refund be just for the cancelled leg - or for the full itinerary?

Unused portion only.

NYEsq Apr 14, 2020 4:57 am

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 32291732)
Unused portion only.

Thanks. I don't see any direct LIN/MXP-LCY (or LHR) showing up as bookable on the Alitalia website. The only way appears to be MXP-FCO-LHR. (Note my inbound was to LCY, not LHR.) Seems likely that the second leg of my trip will be cancelled (or has already been but they haven't alerted me)?

Often1 Apr 14, 2020 7:36 am

EC 261/2004 rebooking rights provide you the right to elect a refund of your ticket which is PMO-LCY with a connection at MXP. As AZ cannot perform the ticket as booked, simply advise AZ that you wish a refund for the entire ticket.

Wait 7 days and then file a chargeback with your credit card issuer (bank).

NYEsq Jun 28, 2020 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32292104)
EC 261/2004 rebooking rights provide you the right to elect a refund of your ticket which is PMO-LCY with a connection at MXP. As AZ cannot perform the ticket as booked, simply advise AZ that you wish a refund for the entire ticket.

Wait 7 days and then file a chargeback with your credit card issuer (bank).

FYI - as an updated, I spoke with Alitalia. They said I would be provided a refund (3 months ago). I opened up a chargeback case with Amex and just found out that Alitalia has "responded" and that Amex is re-charging me for the original amount. Still no refund and no explanation from Amex....!