FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Delta Says No Meal Service on AZ Flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/1701733-delta-says-no-meal-service-az-flight.html)

rkb2530 Aug 11, 2015 7:20 am

Delta Says No Meal Service on AZ Flight

I am booked on a Delta rewards flight on AZ 629 ORD to FCO, economy seats. Delta's website states that there is no meal service for this flight. Although it is inconceivable to me that there is no meal service on a 9 hour flight, I thought I better confirm.

Should I consider this to be an error statement due to IT sloppiness or should I be prepared to brown bag it?

terminalfive Aug 11, 2015 7:40 am

Delta Says No Meal Service on AZ Flight

There is a full meal and Breaky

AlicorporateUK Aug 11, 2015 7:48 am

Originally Posted by rkb2530 (Post 25253487)
I am booked on a Delta rewards flight on AZ 629 ORD to FCO, economy seats. Delta's website states that there is no meal service for this flight. Although it is inconceivable to me that there is no meal service on a 9 hour flight, I thought I better confirm.

Should I consider this to be an error statement due to IT sloppiness or should I be prepared to brown bag it?

You'll get plenty of pasta, don't worry :p

Checking one of my current bookings on the DL website (made through AZ but involving a LAX-JFK on DL), the last segment (JFK-FCO, on AZ) shows no meal service in J.

G

SCEflyer Aug 11, 2015 11:49 am

Why not save yourself from further stress and just call AZ with your concern?

rkb2530 Aug 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer (Post 25254979)

Calling AZ is an exercise in frustration.

Forrest Bump Aug 11, 2015 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer (Post 25254979)

You forgot this:
:p

Often1 Aug 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Silly stuff like this winds up on the splash page of FT. There's probably some person out there who actually worries about this and is even more worried because OP is flying AZ not DL.

Airhaiku Aug 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Airhaiku Aug 11, 2015 3:57 pm

You will get one. Don"t worry. On long haul AZ It' s an average meal, following the same structure as most airlines: drinks with savory bag, hot main meal ( although the tray a bit empty- apprtizer, main course to choose from pasta or meat and dessert, rarely more than that) and snack before landing. Drinks limited mostly to coke, not more than two juices, wine and beer, but available in between meals in self service bar in the rear( normally only soft drinks, but sometimes they leave an open bottle of wine as well). Cabin crew efficient but not too friendly.
In my opinion their service is slightly below the european standard, more comparable to US carriers, with the exeption of more elegant presentation( hard plastic cups and plates, less prefabricated products in plastic or paper bags )