Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Delta Says No Meal Service on AZ Flight

Old Aug 11, 15, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,BA,Marriott

I am booked on a Delta rewards flight on AZ 629 ORD to FCO, economy seats. Delta's website states that there is no meal service for this flight. Although it is inconceivable to me that there is no meal service on a 9 hour flight, I thought I better confirm.

Should I consider this to be an error statement due to IT sloppiness or should I be prepared to brown bag it?
Old Aug 11, 15, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

There is a full meal and Breaky
Old Aug 11, 15, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by rkb2530 View Post
I am booked on a Delta rewards flight on AZ 629 ORD to FCO, economy seats. Delta's website states that there is no meal service for this flight. Although it is inconceivable to me that there is no meal service on a 9 hour flight, I thought I better confirm.

Should I consider this to be an error statement due to IT sloppiness or should I be prepared to brown bag it?

You'll get plenty of pasta, don't worry

Checking one of my current bookings on the DL website (made through AZ but involving a LAX-JFK on DL), the last segment (JFK-FCO, on AZ) shows no meal service in J.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Aug 11, 15 at 9:05 am
Old Aug 11, 15, 12:49 pm

Why not save yourself from further stress and just call AZ with your concern?
Old Aug 11, 15, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,BA,Marriott
Originally Posted by SCEflyer View Post
Calling AZ is an exercise in frustration.
Old Aug 11, 15, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by SCEflyer View Post
You forgot this:
Old Aug 11, 15, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Silly stuff like this winds up on the splash page of FT. There's probably some person out there who actually worries about this and is even more worried because OP is flying AZ not DL.
Old Aug 11, 15, 4:25 pm

Programs: Flying blue

Old Aug 11, 15, 4:57 pm

Programs: Flying blue
You will get one. Don"t worry. On long haul AZ It' s an average meal, following the same structure as most airlines: drinks with savory bag, hot main meal ( although the tray a bit empty- apprtizer, main course to choose from pasta or meat and dessert, rarely more than that) and snack before landing. Drinks limited mostly to coke, not more than two juices, wine and beer, but available in between meals in self service bar in the rear( normally only soft drinks, but sometimes they leave an open bottle of wine as well). Cabin crew efficient but not too friendly.
In my opinion their service is slightly below the european standard, more comparable to US carriers, with the exeption of more elegant presentation( hard plastic cups and plates, less prefabricated products in plastic or paper bags )

Search this Thread
Search Engine: