Wiki Posts
Search

Can this be done?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Can this be done?

I've got a boatload of Skymiles but due to DL's agreement with AZ, I can't use Skymiles to upgrade on an AZ flight. I am wondering, is there a way to transfer some of my Skymiles to either Skyteam or Millemiglia so I can then use those to upgrade from Y+ to biz?

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Unfortunately, you can'ty transfer. If you try something like 'from A to B via C', you'll waste a huge quantity of miles.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alice11
Unfortunately, you can'ty transfer. If you try something like 'from A to B via C', you'll waste a huge quantity of miles.
Sort of what I figured, but I had to ask. Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
There had been talks of allowing DL SWU (and maybe, mileage) upgrades on AZ metal down the line. It was supposed to be in the summer but got deferred due to ahem, technology.

MilleMiglia is a membership rewards partner so this may be a way to fo if you hace an amex.
HOWEVER: AZ stipulates that X number of miles redeemed have to be earned on their metal. not sure if they are strict about that, but per the rules, you cannot just transfer a boatload of points and just book the ticket...
i'd be curious if it is enforced though, as i'd rather spend 80k miles on j than 100k
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodandclassy
There had been talks of allowing DL SWU (and maybe, mileage) upgrades on AZ metal down the line. It was supposed to be in the summer but got deferred due to ahem, technology.

MilleMiglia is a membership rewards partner so this may be a way to fo if you hace an amex.
HOWEVER: AZ stipulates that X number of miles redeemed have to be earned on their metal. not sure if they are strict about that, but per the rules, you cannot just transfer a boatload of points and just book the ticket...
i'd be curious if it is enforced though, as i'd rather spend 80k miles on j than 100k
That's what I've heard as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Might flight isn't until early summer, so I am hoping (and praying) that they get this figured out. I already paid for Y+, but it would be nice to use my miles to upgrade to J. All my miles are through my Skymiles AMEX though, so no luck using membership rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.