Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

QX intends to start service from PAE (Paine Field/Everett, WA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
2018-06-01: Service is delayed pending an FAA re-review.

Destinations announced 2018-01-16:

LAS
LAX
SNA
PHX
PDX
SFO
SAN
SJC
​​​​​​​
Other FT PAE threads of note:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/460657-paine-field.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-news/429086-seattles-paine-field-may-opened-up-airlines.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/344944-everett-paine-field-can-support-scheduled-service-study-says.html
Print Wikipost

QX intends to start service from PAE (Paine Field/Everett, WA)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Silver
LAS makes me happy. SNA and SAN is nice, I was hoping for ONT or PSP, but close enough. PHX is very interesting. Lots of snowbirds up north.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
...and I haven't seen anything that says these will be QX operated...?
The title of this thread is "QX intends..."

Neil
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by missamo80
The title of this thread is "QX intends..."

Neil
Right. Questioning if that is really still valid. E175s I presume. Are there enough of them? Enough pilots?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Go, OAK! I'm feeling the love.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by missamo80
PHX is the only one that really surprises me.

Neil
Our household is thrillled to see PHX from PAI.
Hoping for LIH as well.++
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Right. Questioning if that is really still valid. E175s I presume. Are there enough of them? Enough pilots?
From a Seattle Times article
An internal company note to employees Tuesday said Horizon will get the flights provided the pilot shortage that plagued the airline in 2017 and caused hundreds of flight cancelations through the fall is successfully addressed by the plan to hire and train a substantial number of new pilots this year.

Horizon’s new chief executive Gary Beck offered an optimistic assessment: “Since November, Horizon has canceled no flights due to pilot shortages, and has stepped up pilot recruiting and career development within Air Group,” Beck said. “In 2017, we hired 307 pilots, and with another 64 in training or scheduled to start training early this year, we’re on track to hit our 2018 hiring goal for another 349.”
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:51 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Disappointed not not to see an Anchorage flight or two...no love for the namesake up in Alaska...

DUT

Originally Posted by beckoa
Additional speculation: Start as QX ops on a 175 and then graduate to AS on select routes?

No Hawaii or Anchorage
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: Free agent!
For what a big deal they are making out of having PAE service, their operation will be solid there. If there aren't enough planes or pilots, some other station will most likely get the short shrift (*cough* Portland *cough*).
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
For what a big deal they are making out of having PAE service, their operation will be solid there. If there aren't enough planes or pilots, some other station will most likely get the short shrift (*cough* Portland *cough*).
Yep, Portland has been getting the short end of the stick. All these planes need pilots and those pilots have to come from somewhere....

Now in theory if people fly from Paine Field it will come at the expense of Seattle loads, to at least some degree.....although it will likely pull people off of Delta, United, and Southwest flights because of the close proximity to their home or a business destination.

Also, could see some of this affecting Bellingham

Was actually surpirsed there is only one flight to PDX. Was thinking PDX would be used as a east coast changeover hub and pare off some long haul passengers. This is what United will be doing via Denver, is feeding their network nationwide.

Last edited by WebTraveler; Jan 16, 2018 at 2:45 pm
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 98103
Press release says "all jet" operations. It doesn't however specify if said jet is 737, EMB or a mix.
Press release also says:

"Flights from Paine Field will offer three classes of service: first class, premium class and main cabin. Guests will enjoy Wi-Fi connectivity, more than 200 free movies and TV shows that can be streamed on personal devices and free texting while onboard."

Is all that available on E175s?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Additional speculation: Start as QX ops on a 175 and then graduate to AS on select routes?

No Hawaii or Anchorage
Does anyone fly regional jets form anywhere on the mainland to anywhere in Hawaii? :Are Horizon's E175s ETOPS-certified (that's required for Hawaii flights)?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Does anyone fly regional jets form anywhere on the mainland to anywhere in Hawaii? :Are Horizon's E175s ETOPS-certified (that's required for Hawaii flights)?
No and no
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Press release also says:

"Flights from Paine Field will offer three classes of service: first class, premium class and main cabin. Guests will enjoy Wi-Fi connectivity, more than 200 free movies and TV shows that can be streamed on personal devices and free texting while onboard."

Is all that available on E175s?
Yes.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:21 pm

"Horizon’s new chief executive Gary Beck offered an optimistic assessment: “Since November, Horizon has canceled no flights due to pilot shortages"Is that because they just flat out removed a bunch of routes or frequency and haven't added them back... I mean you can say it's all been fixed if you remove the action that caused the problem, offering the flights. PSC to PDX (which had been around for YEARS) still hasn't come back... so I consider that every day Horizon is cancelling service... at least I haven't heard anything officially that Horizon has stepped out of offering PSC to PDX direct... it kinda just vanished for awhile....

EDIT: It's there in March... did this become seasonal and they just didn't tell anyone? Or will it be scrubbed from the schedule again closer to March when they realize they still are short on pilots? Probably shouldn't be adding new routes until you patch up your existing ones...
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Some work to be done on alaskaair.com. And on Google Flights too.
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.