Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by Canarsie
If I had not met myefre in person several times, I might have actually taken offense.You think that is crazy?

But meeting me was offense enough
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gargoyle

I think TUS (Scotsdale) is the closest they fly to Tel Aviv.
??? Is this one of those Canadi<n maps???
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
Fortunately, AS Lounge Thread access comes with a free lifetime supply of DigEplayers, so when one runs out of battery, you can just fire another one up. (Unfortunately, the content will run out long before you run out of DigEplayers...)
I've always wanted to plug into one of the ethernet ports with my laptop on the device and see what happens. Not only could I gain additional programming myself, I could upload new content too. Maybe that can be the solution to the dig-e-plaer fiasco, have it as such the passenger uploads their own content for the following passengers to watch, like you tube, but better. Wouldn't that be a concept!

If this did not work, is it legit to trade in a battery from our infinite supply for additional concept.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
OK it's been four days since anyone has posted in the forum lounge, so I nominate myself to bump it up off of page 2!

The digeplayer batteries are recharged and there is pacific salmon sashimi on the counter.

Last edited by spgaston; Mar 3, 2008 at 7:01 pm Reason: sp
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by spgaston
OK it's been four days since anyone has posted in the forum lounge, so I nominate myself to bump it up off of page 2!

The digeplayer batteries are recharged and there is pacific salmon sahimi on the counter.
Did we run out of Wasabi for the Sashimi?

Someone may have to make a LIH run soon to pick up some more, and maybe some Ahi... rumor has it that Princeville has a great Buffet!
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Soup

So, what's the soup tonight? I'm fighting a cold. I hope it's chicken with stars.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: ALASKA AIRLINES MVP GOLD AND UNITED AIR LINES 100K FLYER
Originally Posted by spgaston
Why? It had been out of OUT OF SIGHT just long enough for most people to forget what a bad idea this thread was in the first PLACE.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by ALLCAPSANDCRAZYEYES
Why? It had been out of OUT OF SIGHT just long enough for most people to forget what a bad idea this thread was in the first PLACE.
Play nice

This isn't the UA forum where there is nothing but complaints
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BOB W
So, what's the soup tonight? I'm fighting a cold. I hope it's chicken with stars.
Mmm...soup. Assuming you don't want to make your own, if it weren't so far, I'd suggest either Vagabond Blues in Palmer or The Bake Shop in Girdwood. I've yet to find a match for either of those in Anchorage. Actually, if anyone has any recommendations for good soup closer than either of those two destinations, I'm all ears...
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:51 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Those Carrs soups aint bad. They are pretty hearty
Old Mar 3, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jackal
Mmm...soup. Assuming you don't want to make your own, if it weren't so far, I'd suggest either Vagabond Blues in Palmer or The Bake Shop in Girdwood. I've yet to find a match for either of those in Anchorage. Actually, if anyone has any recommendations for good soup closer than either of those two destinations, I'm all ears...
There are one or two Vietnamese restaurants in ANC that will serve you a nice big bowl of Pho.

Kim Chi soup (on the Korean menu) at China Garden (I think) on Fireweed will also clear your nasal passages.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ANC
Those Carrs soups aint bad. They are pretty hearty
Actually, I was going to mention that, since Bob lives exactly a four minute drive from a Carrs, but I forgot. Thanks for reminding me!
Old Mar 4, 2008, 8:24 am

I had a nice broccoli cheese yesterday. My school actually makes it themselves, since each week its a different consistency... either bigger broccoli chunks or smaller pureed pieces.

Is the BR serving any in ANC?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: ASMVPG,HHG,SPGG
Does anybody know where the MVPG breakfast and lunch is tomorrow?
Thats in ANC of course,I've never heard of the Admiral's Place.
Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by akdude
Does anybody know where the MVPG breakfast and lunch is tomorrow?
Thats in ANC of course,I've never heard of the Admiral's Place.
Thanks
A quick google yields location,

And here's a website of the place.

I never heard of it myself either, looks nice though, in South Anchorage, fairly close to at least 2 FTers residences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.