Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Launches First-Ever Flight Subscription Service (Flight Pass) in CA, AZ, NV and UT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Launches First-Ever Flight Subscription Service (Flight Pass) in CA, AZ, NV and UT

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Anyone have idea whether they let you change co-terminals? Although the flight pass terms and conditions said co-terminals changes are not allowed, they do allow SDC. And for SDC rules, west coast co-terminals are allowed (LA5, SF3). So can I book LAX-SJC using flight pass (when all SFO flights are premium) and then SDC to LAX-SFO?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by 985X
Anyone have idea whether they let you change co-terminals? Although the flight pass terms and conditions said co-terminals changes are not allowed, they do allow SDC. And for SDC rules, west coast co-terminals are allowed (LA5, SF3). So can I book LAX-SJC using flight pass (when all SFO flights are premium) and then SDC to LAX-SFO?
Not sure but customer service isn’t Alaska (it’s from a third party) so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t support this unless you can do all the changes in the app / website without any customer support help.
samosa likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
I will. In fact I just submitted a new application on Guinness world record for longest total distance traveled for school commute. 75k miles traveled to/from school within 9 months (two semesters), I guess probably no one can break that record
I stated above my business partner bought into this program to "commute" from PSP - SFO/OAK (whatever works) and back twice a week. From what she has told me so far so good. She was getting hammered by crazy fares into (and out)) of PSP for the last year but this has been a bit of a live saver for her. I would add that I fully understand the limitation of the program and it isn't for me for multiple reasons.
samosa and 985X like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by nomad420
I stated above my business partner bought into this program to "commute" from PSP - SFO/OAK (whatever works) and back twice a week. From what she has told me so far so good. She was getting hammered by crazy fares into (and out)) of PSP for the last year but this has been a bit of a live saver for her. I would add that I fully understand the limitation of the program and it isn't for me for multiple reasons.
I'm also planning to check a small bag so I can enter to win those $25 baggage guarantee lotteries to further cut down my commute cost.
Tack likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
With airfares insanely high, I take a second look at the service, so LAX-SFO basically $50+$15 ~= $65, looking at the cash price it makes sense. But men, look at those premiums.

I checked someday, like SFO-LAX on 5/27, ALL flights have a premium. I mean, there are 11 flights, at least there should be 1 flight included in the subscription.

Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Originally Posted by simonsuo
With airfares insanely high, I take a second look at the service, so LAX-SFO basically $50+$15 ~= $65, looking at the cash price it makes sense. But men, look at those premiums.

I checked someday, like SFO-LAX on 5/27, ALL flights have a premium. I mean, there are 11 flights, at least there should be 1 flight included in the subscription.

This makes me not want to sign up. I usually just buy the cheapest flight and make a same day change for free after checking in. I can’t see how this subscription would save money in high season, peak travel flights. Thanks for sharing this snapshot btw.
samosa likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:05 pm

Looks like the first two options are included.

Not to make excuses for AS but 5/27 is one of the peak travel days of the year. So if they were going to slap a Premium surcharge on flights that would be the day I expect.

Waiting for the first DOT complaint to hit until they are more transparent on how this all works.
samosa likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Would an AA Ex Plat still be eligible for upgrades?
This never got a reply. Does anyone know the answer? Moving to LA and considering this pass, but only if I can credit miles to AA and still get my Ex Plat benefits flying AS? Do we have to login with our Mileage Plan accounts to redeem these flights? Can we swap out FF info on booking page?
Old May 10, 2022, 1:03 pm

Horrible Customer Service

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
This never got a reply. Does anyone know the answer? Moving to LA and considering this pass, but only if I can credit miles to AA and still get my Ex Plat benefits flying AS? Do we have to login with our Mileage Plan accounts to redeem these flights? Can we swap out FF info on booking page?
The booking is made on a separate website, where you need to create a new account. As far as changing to Advantage number, not sure about that.

Other than that, I do want to vent about their customer service.

So, I want to make a change to an existing reservation. First of all, that 888 number always has a wait, 10 - 30 minutes. Once picked up or get a callback, there is an operator to triage calls. Once she confirms it is a flight pass reservation, 'oh, this is a flight pass reservation, let me transfer you'. Duh, of course, I'll call regular elite line for my regular reservation. Then another 10-30 minutes wait.

Transcript, summarized.

Agent 1: oh, to change it, you need to pay up. I can't do that.
Me: ok, how much is the extra? ( I know there won't be any because the new flight shows 'included' on the website.
Agent 1: let me check. (10 minutes hold). Oh, there is no extra, I can do that.
A little back and forth, but it worked.

Another call, I want to change another one. Went through the triage call, and mistakenly transferred me to regular reservations, then I got transferred back. and about 40 minutes total wait.
Agent 2: This is xx from Boise. You can't make a change because there is no class of service available. (she's lying, I can see the website shows included)
Me: I can see the website shows included. And I just called and did the change.
Agent 2 (She suddenly lost it and started yelling and educating me): You can't do that, that's now allowed. There is no class of service available, the website is wrong, and it is out of date. (What the previous agent did) That's not what the manual said, I need to cancel your reservation, and you need to apply for the flight credit back to your account. After 48 hours, you need to book again.
Me: (..., never had an agent this rude in many years, other airlines agent may sound cold or machinery, but never rude): whatever, I'll keep everything as it is.

HUCA:
Agent 3 (Which I think it is still agent 2 because the triage lady even recognized my voice and remembered my reservation): (Much calmer voice, sounded normal this time): If you want to make a change, you need to cancel and apply for the credit back, which takes 48 hours. Only when the travel is imminent, you can call again. At that time, I will apply for a special discount code and apply that to your reservation. But that's only for travel which is imminent.
me: fine, bye.

Conclusion:
It seems that the phone number is operated by a tiny group of people, which is an operator to triage calls. After the triage, there are only a few people working on flight pass reservations, so the wait can be very long. The cancel and wait 48 hours thing are very inconvenient.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:24 pm

The booking is made on a separate website, where you need to create a new account. As far as changing to Advantage number, not sure about that.

Other than that, I do want to vent about their customer service.

So, I want to make a change to an existing reservation. First of all, that 888 number always has a wait, 10 - 30 minutes. Once picked up or get a callback, there is an operator to triage calls. Once she confirms it is a flight pass reservation, 'oh, this is a flight pass reservation, let me transfer you'. Duh, of course, I'll call regular elite line for my regular reservation. Then another 10-30 minutes wait.

Transcript, summarized.

Agent 1: oh, to change it, you need to pay up. I can't do that.
Me: ok, how much is the extra? ( I know there won't be any because the new flight shows 'included' on the website.
Agent 1: let me check. (10 minutes hold). Oh, there is no extra, I can do that.
A little back and forth, but it worked.

Another call, I want to change another one. Went through the triage call, and mistakenly transferred me to regular reservations, then I got transferred back. and about 40 minutes total wait.
Agent 2: This is xx from Boise. You can't make a change because there is no class of service available. (she's lying, I can see the website shows included)
Me: I can see the website shows included. And I just called and did the change.
Agent 2 (She suddenly lost it and started yelling and educating me): You can't do that, that's now allowed. There is no class of service available, the website is wrong, and it is out of date. (What the previous agent did) That's not what the manual said, I need to cancel your reservation, and you need to apply for the flight credit back to your account. After 48 hours, you need to book again.
Me: (..., never had an agent this rude in many years, other airlines agent may sound cold or machinery, but never rude): whatever, I'll keep everything as it is.

HUCA:
Agent 3 (Which I think it is still agent 2 because the triage lady even recognized my voice and remembered my reservation): (Much calmer voice, sounded normal this time): If you want to make a change, you need to cancel and apply for the credit back, which takes 48 hours. Only when the travel is imminent, you can call again. At that time, I will apply for a special discount code and apply that to your reservation. But that's only for travel which is imminent.
me: fine, bye.

Conclusion:
It seems that the phone number is operated by a tiny group of people, which is an operator to triage calls. After the triage, there are only a few people working on flight pass reservations, so the wait can be very long. The cancel and wait 48 hours thing are very inconvenient.

Have you done SDC on flight pass? If so, could you do it directly on the app? For co-terminals changes, did you the 888 flight pass number or regular reservation?
Old May 10, 2022, 3:22 pm

Have you done SDC on flight pass? If so, could you do it directly on the app? For co-terminals changes, did you the 888 flight pass number or regular reservation?
The flight pass agent told me I can do SDC like a regular reservation, haven't tried that yet.
985X likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:00 pm

The flight pass agent told me I can do SDC like a regular reservation, haven't tried that yet.
Word of caution that it doesnt always work well. Errors out many times, I think mostly due to upgrades (including PC a time of booking) but couldn't confirm this. If you call flightpass they have no idea whats going on, if you call regular customer service they will point you back to flightpass. Your experience with them is spot on, basically not many agents and they often will just tell you to cancel and rebook - ummm that doesnt work for SDC haha.
be_rettSEA and simonsuo like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:39 pm

So I have my first experience of SDC on a flight pass reservation. I was upgraded at T4 for my original outbound. A few screenshots from the website. One note is once you are on your new flight, you need to manually request an upgrade again. Once I have done that, because there is U space open, I got upgraded within a minute or two on my new flight. Both of my original inbound and outbound are in S fare class.

Step 1, choose another flight

Step two, go back to your trip detail, go to complimentary upgrades

Final step, refresh until U opens.
NoLaGent and Arsene Wenger like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:58 pm

They quietly removed the LAX-RNO. Actually, AS canceled the entire route after labor day, and the flight pass simply updates that in their new route map. However, if you joined recently, you can still book this route before it's gone. Not sure if this is a seasonal thing or if they stop service to RNO. This route was still available for Oct/Nov etc around two weeks ago.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:06 am

I'm considering this after my F9 100k status expires at the end of the year. I intend to utilize it for my trips to LAS every other month or so. And thinking about parlaying F9 status with a AS status match.

Visconti , would you do it again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.