Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Beverage Options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - GM, MM; AS - MVP Gold
Inflight Beverage Options

Flying in F from LAX to ADQ in late May 2021. Will cocktails be offered in F? Any update on meal service for that time (memorial Day weekend)? Thanks - Steven
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: Yes
I don’t believe there has been any announcement about returning the beverage service to “full”. I miss the cocktails and hard spirits though!
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anteater
I don’t believe there has been any announcement about returning the beverage service to “full”. I miss the cocktails and hard spirits though!
When it comes to beverages in coach, AS is still light years ahead of AA and DL.
anteater and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by brudoburns
Flying in F from LAX to ADQ in late May 2021. Will cocktails be offered in F? Any update on meal service for that time (memorial Day weekend)? Thanks - Steven
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
When it comes to beverages in coach, AS is still light years ahead of AA and DL.
while probably a valid opinion (I can’t attest to whether it’s actually a fact, having not been on a plane since early August), it’s completely irrelevant to OP’s question
Old Mar 6, 2021, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
TBD if they will be offered ANC-ADQ. Other flights should have the standard beer/wine/select soft drinks. Perhaps by then we'll get lucky with liquor. At least AS is back to the wine in a can... I wouldn't touch the bottled stuff!
pcoll likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Not really better in coach

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
i just flew SEA-BOS, coach has zero beverages. Wine and beer available to Premium and in F.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
TBD if they will be offered ANC-ADQ. Other flights should have the standard beer/wine/select soft drinks. Perhaps by then we'll get lucky with liquor. At least AS is back to the wine in a can... I wouldn't touch the bottled stuff!
The wine & beer was "flying" out of the galley on my LAX-SEA A321 flight 3/4. The bubbly F FA worked non-stop from the 10K bell. When the passenger in the seat in front of me inquired about the red wine, she said she had tried it and "it wasn't the worst she had had!"

James
pcoll, spamman808 and PaperGlider like this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by professortim
i just flew SEA-BOS, coach has zero beverages. Wine and beer available to Premium and in F.
There may be a regional difference in the meaning of beverage. I'm guessing your SEA-BOS was stocked with all of the beverages Alaska promises:
Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke™, Sprite®, ginger ale, seltzer water
Orange juice
Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast coffee
Teavana® Royal English Breakfast Tea, Teavana® Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
Dasani® bottled water

Alcoholic beverages are another matter.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by brudoburns
Flying in F from LAX to ADQ in late May 2021. Will cocktails(1) be offered in F? Any update on meal service(2) for that time (memorial Day weekend)? Thanks - Steven
1. Not currently (beer & wine only, no spirits) and by then, let's hope?

2. No.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 1:26 am

Programs: AS 75K
I'm guessing the problem with the liquor is the ice that people will undoubtedly request/expect and that would create a Covid touching/handling thing. While I prefer my whiskey over ice I'd gladly accept it without if the other option is none at all.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:13 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by mtofell
I'm guessing the problem with the liquor is the ice that people will undoubtedly request/expect and that would create a Covid touching/handling thing. While I prefer my whiskey over ice I'd gladly accept it without if the other option is none at all.
Possibly - I think it ultimately has more to do with people wanting cocktails if they start offering liquor and expecting the FAs to don the mixologist cap not to mention the garnishes.

Flying a couple segments in AS F later this week and it has been YEARS since I set onboard an AS plane Looking forward to the trip.

With that said - I learned that my Mileage Plan account expired back in the fall. Not happy about that at all I had 300K+ miles in there I believe from my MVPG/75K days when I lived out west.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Possibly - I think it ultimately has more to do with people wanting cocktails if they start offering liquor and expecting the FAs to don the mixologist cap not to mention the garnishes.

Flying a couple segments in AS F later this week and it has been YEARS since I set onboard an AS plane Looking forward to the trip.

With that said - I learned that my Mileage Plan account expired back in the fall. Not happy about that at all I had 300K+ miles in there I believe from my MVPG/75K days when I lived out west.
Off topic, but you should call Customer Care on Monday am. They used to have a policy listed on their website that with a $75 fee, you had up to one year to reinstate accounts and miles in them if they were expired due to inactivity. It's no longer outlined there, but it was until at least late last year. I'd call.

EDIT: I found another reference too, it's in the T&C's under "Account and mileage expiration"

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...and-conditions
anteater likes this.

Last edited by NoLaGent; Mar 7, 2021 at 8:10 am
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:34 am

On AA F, I got a cup of ice, can of tonic, and as many aviation gin tiny bottles as I wanted. Nobody is asking FAs to be mixologists. The only reason why Alaska still refuses to bring back alcohol is cost-cutting. No need to be imaginative to come up with some ridiculous excuses for them. They're getting a new bailout soon so hopefully they'll trickle some down to their customers in the form of better service. One can only hope.
mczlaw and mixmastermark like this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mtofell
Ice is available onboard. A coffee & a full cup of ice makes for a refreshing iced coffee. 😀 You can swirl the cup and imagine it is Patón XO Café.

James
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Ice is available onboard. A coffee & a full cup of ice makes for a refreshing iced coffee. 😀 You can swirl the cup and imagine it is Patón XO Café.

James
Yeah.... I know there has to be some nearby because my RED wine is always given to me like it just came out of a cooler. Nothing like flying across the pacific with a can of wine in my armpit to warm it up!
NWAlaskaFlyer and Bellerina like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.