Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed Flight says “On Time”

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Just wanted to chime in that the APP no longer pulls from Sabre, its from a different system. If you use TripIt or anything tied to a GDS, you'll get the updates well ahead of the APP. This is also why the notifications for cancellations come across later in the APP & email.

Alaska & other airlines are abandoning their solid GDS/PSS platforms with 3rd party integrations where communications aren't nearly as fast or reliable.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I don’t know where to put this, but here it is.

ORD-SFO 597 March 29, 2024

Alaska:
Scheduled departure 5:50p
Actual departure 5:53p

FlightAware:
Scheduled gate departure 5:50p
Actual gate departure 5:53p
Takeoff 6:28p

What I saw happening:
Scheduled departure 5:50p
Door closed 5:53p
Leaving gate 6:13p
Takeoff 6:32p
This goes to show that "Departure" happens when the door closes. Much like "Arrival" happens when the brakes are set at the gate. Everything else is determine to be part of the "flight."

Someone can correct me, but I think this also determines when the FAs and Pilots are actually getting paid. Door close to brakes being set.

My last trip to MCO, we pulled up and stopped at a gate that had a broken jet bridge. Since we had pulled up and parked, technically we had arrived and all the systems reflected that time. However, we actually had to be pushed back, then taxi around a bit while they moved the RON plane at the next working gate out of the way so we could park and actually deplane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.