FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Hilton Aspire card? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1985382-does-anyone-have-hilton-aspire-card.html)

Eujeanie Aug 31, 2019 1:55 pm

Does anyone have a Hilton Aspire card?

There's a lengthy thread on the Hilton board and Amex, but not too much Alaska-specific info.

I have the card, have not yet used the $250 airline credit.

I just purchased some Saver fare tickets.

The card T&C's state that the airline credit can not be used for "upgrades"...but is purchasing Premium Seats considered an "Upgrade", or would an upgrade only be from Y to F?

RAD_PDX Aug 31, 2019 1:58 pm

I can't speak to the Hilton card specifically, but I've used the $100 credit with my Amex Gold to purchase PC seats. I've also used on Y -> F upgrades sold at the gate.
I believe the T&C are along the same lines and say it can't be used for upgrades, even though I've done so.

ctporter Aug 31, 2019 2:50 pm

I thought saver fares were a type of "as is - where is, use it or lose it" ticket, that allows absolutely no changes including upgrades. It seems to me that if I chose that fare either I might be able to select some seats right then -but I might not. If not they will be assigned at the gate with no guarantee that I would be sitting next to someone I am traveling with. Maybe others have been able to purchase an upgrade but from what I can tell that would not meet the conditions of the saver fare. I do not think the method of payment makes any different (points or money)

The web site says:
Saver fares do include some restrictions on booking, refunds, changes, and seat selection.
These restrictions include:
  • Limited seating may be available at the time of purchase. Most seats will be assigned at check-in.
  • We can’t guarantee that parties of two or more will be seated together.
  • No refunds are allowed beyond the first 24 hours after ticketing.
  • No changes, including same-day confirmed changes, are allowed for Saver fares.
  • No standby is allowed for Saver fares, even for elite status guests.
  • If a guest is a no-show for any flight during a trip, all other flights within that trip are automatically canceled, with no refund available.
  • Saver fares cannot be combined with any other fare types on the same itinerary.
  • Saver fares are non-transferable.
and:
Elite members do not receive waived change fees, same-day confirmed, preferred seating, or upgrade benefits with Saver fares. On all fares including Saver, Elites receive bonus miles, baggage allowances, check-in benefits, and priority boarding. All other Saver fare rules and restrictions apply to MVP®, MVP® Gold, and MVP® Gold 75k Mileage Plan members.

RAD_PDX Aug 31, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by ctporter (Post 31477511)
I thought saver fares were a type of "as is - where is, use it or lose it" ticket, that allows absolutely no changes including upgrades. It seems to me that if I chose that fare either I might be able to select some seats right then -but I might not. If not they will be assigned at the gate with no guarantee that I would be sitting next to someone I am traveling with. Maybe others have been able to purchase an upgrade but from what I can tell that would not meet the conditions of the saver fare. I do not think the method of payment makes any different (points or money)

The web site says:
Saver fares do include some restrictions on booking, refunds, changes, and seat selection.
These restrictions include:
  • Limited seating may be available at the time of purchase. Most seats will be assigned at check-in.
  • We can’t guarantee that parties of two or more will be seated together.
  • No refunds are allowed beyond the first 24 hours after ticketing.
  • No changes, including same-day confirmed changes, are allowed for Saver fares.
  • No standby is allowed for Saver fares, even for elite status guests.
  • If a guest is a no-show for any flight during a trip, all other flights within that trip are automatically canceled, with no refund available.
  • Saver fares cannot be combined with any other fare types on the same itinerary.
  • Saver fares are non-transferable.
and:
Elite members do not receive waived change fees, same-day confirmed, preferred seating, or upgrade benefits with Saver fares. On all fares including Saver, Elites receive bonus miles, baggage allowances, check-in benefits, and priority boarding. All other Saver fare rules and restrictions apply to MVP®, MVP® Gold, and MVP® Gold 75k Mileage Plan members.

"Yes. At this time, you can only purchase Premium Class seats (if available) with a Saver fare while booking at alaskaair.com. Premium Class seats may also be available for purchase on the day of departure at the check-in kiosk or airport ticket counter/gate.
Note: If you purchase a Premium Class seat with a Saver fare, Saver fare restrictions still apply."

I assume you have to purchase them in the same transaction as the saver fare purchase but can't confirm that.

Finkface Aug 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Read this thread. It tells you everything you need to know. And if not, ask there.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-only-29.html

Edit: a quick search gives me this specific post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29958995-post828.html

ctporter Aug 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 31477514)
Keep scrolling down the page:

"Yes. At this time, you can only purchase Premium Class seats (if available) with a Saver fare while booking at alaskaair.com. Premium Class seats may also be available for purchase on the day of departure at the check-in kiosk or airport ticket counter/gate.
Note: If you purchase a Premium Class seat with a Saver fare, Saver fare restrictions still apply."

Good to know!

Eujeanie Aug 31, 2019 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 31477515)
Read this thread. It tells you everything you need to know. And if not, ask there.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-only-29.html

Edit: a quick search gives me this specific post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29958995-post828.html

Yes, I did see that post #687 asked the question, but I don't believe there was an answer.

Finkface Aug 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 31477530)
Yes, I did see that post #687 asked the question, but I don't believe there was an answer.

The link I posted was to post 828 which is the answer. Did you click on it?

Eujeanie Aug 31, 2019 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 31477514)

I assume you have to purchase them in the same transaction as the saver fare purchase but can't confirm that.

I specifically did not want to buy the PC seats at the time of booking because it would have been all in the same transaction as the original purchase, and most likely would not have counted. However, after purchase, I went back in and went to "change seats" and did have the ability to purchase the PC seats as a separate transaction. I'm only going to do it if they are reimbursed, I'm not going to spend the money out of pocket for them. It's the "not for upgrade" language that is confusing me.

Finkface Aug 31, 2019 3:07 pm

Did you even click on my link? Post 828. I will spoonfeed:

I know that this is in response to a month old post, but I just received reimbursement for a $69 upgrade to premium economy. Upgrade was purchased on the July 3rd and reimbursement was paid on July 7th.

Eujeanie Aug 31, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 31477545)
Did you even click on my link? Post 828. I will spoonfeed:

I know that this is in response to a month old post, but I just received reimbursement for a $69 upgrade to premium economy. Upgrade was purchased on the July 3rd and reimbursement was paid on July 7th.

Thank you.

dayone Aug 31, 2019 3:37 pm

Moderator Note: Thread closed. This is more of an Amex discussion. Future posts should be made to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...orts-only.html.

dayone, AS Moderator