Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Employee Discretion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
That's ironic, because as both a UA and AS frequent flyer, UA employees have far, far more discretion than AS employees in my experience.
Maybe if you are GS? Otherwise, IME, they have a lot of discretion to make up bogus excuses as to why they can't help you with whatever your problem is.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by milypan
Maybe if you are GS? Otherwise, IME, they have a lot of discretion to make up bogus excuses as to why they can't help you with whatever your problem is.
Not my experience at all. For example, a TK*G (not a member of UA's program), I've been endorsed to OALs 13 times by UA during IRROPS in the past 2 years. Their agents are empowered to do what it takes to get customers to their destination on time.

In contrast, as a 75k, I've begged AS agents 6-7 times over the past 2 years to be endorsed onto OAL, but have never succeeded. Lots of bad memories of 3AM arrivals back home or involuntary overnights, because their agents aren't empowered to endorse tickets apparently.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by milypan
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Not my experience at all. For example, a TK*G (not a member of UA's program), I've been endorsed to OALs 13 times by UA during IRROPS in the past 2 years. Their agents are empowered to do what it takes to get customers to their destination on time.

In contrast, as a 75k, I've begged AS agents 6-7 times over the past 2 years to be endorsed onto OAL, but have never succeeded. Lots of bad memories of 3AM arrivals back home or involuntary overnights, because their agents aren't empowered to endorse tickets apparently.
While I enjoy AS far more than UA, this is very true. I lost status on UA 2 years ago, but while flying them recently and encountering IRROPS I was quickly rebooked on AA. I too have argued for this with AS, and it's fallen on deaf ears. AS' frontline employees lack of empowerment is one of their biggest weaknesses, no doubt about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.