FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Best Pricing option for Gogo in flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1958863-best-pricing-option-gogo-flight.html)

ou81two Mar 1, 2019 6:22 pm

Best Pricing option for Gogo in flight

I'm flying AS tomorrow up front. The last time i flew them, the pricing for gogo wireless up front made me feel like I had just visited Bill Cosby's hotel room. Is there any way to get a cheaper priced pass? I have one 6 hour flight. I'd rather be online but I don't want to get ripped off in the process.

Any ideas?

rustykettel Mar 1, 2019 6:59 pm

Try logging into your Gogo account while on the ground. Usually the all day pass will be cheaper than in the air, although not necessarily less than flight only price or the limited time one.

UAPremierExec Mar 1, 2019 8:53 pm

by the way, I just noticed the plan I'm on is no longer available... $59 monthly, available on all airlines. It seems all new subscribers have to pick an airline for their monthly plan!

TheotherJames Mar 1, 2019 9:31 pm

Get T-Mobile? inflight wifi is free, just have to put in your phone number.

pushmyredbutton Mar 1, 2019 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by TheotherJames (Post 30837641)

Only for mobile devices. They closed the loophole for laptops.

Xrayman Mar 1, 2019 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by ou81two (Post 30837229)
I'm flying AS tomorrow up front. The last time i flew them, the pricing for gogo wireless up front made me feel like I had just visited Bill Cosby's hotel room. Is there any way to get a cheaper priced pass? I have one 6 hour flight. I'd rather be online but I don't want to get ripped off in the process.

Any ideas?

Remember, no WiFi over ocean water or out of US territory.

rustykettel Mar 1, 2019 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman (Post 30837656)
Remember, no WiFi over ocean water or out of US territory.

Except for the 10 2KU aircraft. ;)

missamo80 Mar 1, 2019 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by TheotherJames (Post 30837641)

Only for an hour.

cblaisd Mar 1, 2019 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton (Post 30837645)
Only for mobile devices. They closed the loophole for laptops.

If you use a Chrome (and I presume such is available for Firefox) user agent switcher extension, you can (while on the ground with internet!) switch to an iOS/Android user agent which does fool the Tmobile login. (If you're connecting to websites, you'll get the mobile versions, though; but it's fine for web-based or pop3 email)

tonei Mar 2, 2019 1:51 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec (Post 30837568)
by the way, I just noticed the plan I'm on is no longer available... $59 monthly, available on all airlines. It seems all new subscribers have to pick an airline for their monthly plan!

it’s still there, they just call it the “2-Device Plan”

https://www.gogoair.com/for-passengers/

pushmyredbutton Mar 2, 2019 10:23 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 30837795)
If you use a Chrome (and I presume such is available for Firefox) user agent switcher extension, you can (while on the ground with internet!) switch to an iOS/Android user agent which does fool the Tmobile login. (If you're connecting to websites, you'll get the mobile versions, though; but it's fine for web-based or pop3 email)

That's what I used to do, but lately even that stopped working. The portal says something to the effect of "Only valid for TMO devices". Have you gotten this to work in the past couple months?

UAPremierExec Mar 2, 2019 10:42 am

Originally Posted by tonei (Post 30838034)

it’s still there, they just call it the “2-Device Plan”

https://www.gogoair.com/for-passengers/

Except you have to pick between American or Delta ONLY!!

nice sneaky change....

cblaisd Mar 2, 2019 11:14 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton (Post 30839162)
That's what I used to do, but lately even that stopped working. The portal says something to the effect of "Only valid for TMO devices". Have you gotten this to work in the past couple months?

Yes.

jjmadison Mar 2, 2019 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton (Post 30839162)

It still works when using incognito mode.

bbinchi Mar 2, 2019 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80 (Post 30837705)
Only for an hour.

It depends upon one's T-Mobile plan. Mine offers unlimited Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi Internet access.