Best Pricing option for Gogo in flight

Old Mar 1, 19, 7:22 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,289
Best Pricing option for Gogo in flight

I'm flying AS tomorrow up front. The last time i flew them, the pricing for gogo wireless up front made me feel like I had just visited Bill Cosby's hotel room. Is there any way to get a cheaper priced pass? I have one 6 hour flight. I'd rather be online but I don't want to get ripped off in the process.

Any ideas?
ou81two is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 7:59 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: EUG
Programs: BonVoy Au, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Posts: 4,964
Try logging into your Gogo account while on the ground. Usually the all day pass will be cheaper than in the air, although not necessarily less than flight only price or the limited time one.
rustykettel is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 9:53 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,542
by the way, I just noticed the plan I'm on is no longer available... $59 monthly, available on all airlines. It seems all new subscribers have to pick an airline for their monthly plan!
UAPremierExec is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 10:31 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 43
Get T-Mobile? inflight wifi is free, just have to put in your phone number.
TheotherJames is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 10:32 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DEN / CGK
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,536
Originally Posted by TheotherJames View Post
Get T-Mobile? inflight wifi is free, just have to put in your phone number.
Only for mobile devices. They closed the loophole for laptops.
pushmyredbutton is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 10:42 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Seattle
Programs: Alaska airlines 75K
Posts: 344
Originally Posted by ou81two View Post
I'm flying AS tomorrow up front. The last time i flew them, the pricing for gogo wireless up front made me feel like I had just visited Bill Cosby's hotel room. Is there any way to get a cheaper priced pass? I have one 6 hour flight. I'd rather be online but I don't want to get ripped off in the process.

Any ideas?
Remember, no WiFi over ocean water or out of US territory.
Xrayman is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 10:58 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: EUG
Programs: BonVoy Au, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Posts: 4,964
Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
Remember, no WiFi over ocean water or out of US territory.
Except for the 10 2KU aircraft.
rustykettel is offline  
Old Mar 1, 19, 11:04 pm
  #8  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Snohomish, WA
Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,632
Originally Posted by TheotherJames View Post
Get T-Mobile? inflight wifi is free, just have to put in your phone number.
Only for an hour.
missamo80 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 12:06 am
  #9  
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Posts: 34,335
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Only for mobile devices. They closed the loophole for laptops.
If you use a Chrome (and I presume such is available for Firefox) user agent switcher extension, you can (while on the ground with internet!) switch to an iOS/Android user agent which does fool the Tmobile login. (If you're connecting to websites, you'll get the mobile versions, though; but it's fine for web-based or pop3 email)
cblaisd is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 2:51 am
  #10  
Formerly known as stellertony
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MEX
Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Posts: 1,045
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec View Post
by the way, I just noticed the plan I'm on is no longer available... $59 monthly, available on all airlines. It seems all new subscribers have to pick an airline for their monthly plan!
it’s still there, they just call it the “2-Device Plan”

https://www.gogoair.com/for-passengers/
tonei is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:23 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DEN / CGK
Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,536
Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
If you use a Chrome (and I presume such is available for Firefox) user agent switcher extension, you can (while on the ground with internet!) switch to an iOS/Android user agent which does fool the Tmobile login. (If you're connecting to websites, you'll get the mobile versions, though; but it's fine for web-based or pop3 email)
That's what I used to do, but lately even that stopped working. The portal says something to the effect of "Only valid for TMO devices". Have you gotten this to work in the past couple months?
pushmyredbutton is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:42 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,542
Originally Posted by tonei View Post


it’s still there, they just call it the “2-Device Plan”

https://www.gogoair.com/for-passengers/
Except you have to pick between American or Delta ONLY!!

nice sneaky change....
UAPremierExec is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 12:14 pm
  #13  
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Posts: 34,335
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
That's what I used to do, but lately even that stopped working. The portal says something to the effect of "Only valid for TMO devices". Have you gotten this to work in the past couple months?
Yes.
cblaisd is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 1:26 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Programs: AS MVPG75k
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
That's what I used to do, but lately even that stopped working. The portal says something to the effect of "Only valid for TMO devices". Have you gotten this to work in the past couple months?
It still works when using incognito mode.
jjmadison is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 2:21 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP Gold
Posts: 1,093
Originally Posted by missamo80 View Post
Only for an hour.
It depends upon one's T-Mobile plan. Mine offers unlimited Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi Internet access.
bbinchi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: