Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Cancels EK Award Tickets for My Friend [Possible Merge]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Cancels EK Award Tickets for My Friend [Possible Merge]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Airline was paid for the miles credited to member accounts. But it implemented restrictions that promote "breakage" of miles (non-usage and expiration of miles) to get away from fulfilling its part of the deal to pad its profits.
The terms and conditions of Mileage Plan and every other frequent flyer program prohibit members from selling miles. I personally am glad they do. They are enforcing those rules, but in this case (apparently) erroneously; that is the problem.

Without rehashing the entire thread, the OP did not do themselves favors in a few ways, but it does appear that AS has (at last) realized that they were in error.
eponymous_coward and jinglish like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You're veering rather off-topic, but do let us know how it all works out for you.

Airlines don't let you resell miles to third parties for the same reasons they don't let you resell airline tickets to those same third parties.

Anyways, good luck in your future use of "tricks and loopholes".
I'm doing well, thanks. Recently flew CX and JL First and did an Aeroplan mini-RTW and 3 week stay in Hawaii using miles/points and without having to do any butt in seat/bed grind.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I'm doing well, thanks. Recently flew CX and JL First and did an Aeroplan mini-RTW and 3 week stay in Hawaii using miles/points and without having to do any butt in seat/bed grind.
Pretty sure @eponymous_coward was referring to selling miles. Have you done that?

If you're just talking about using credit cards (perhaps churning) and the like to earn large amounts of miles and points, yes, we all know that can be done within the terms if you're willing enough and have the ability to put that much (possibly manufactured) spend on a card. That's different.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The original issue has been resolved favorably so we'll close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.