Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Where do I keep my luggage overnight at SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do I keep my luggage overnight at SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Thaks all for your inputs. I will be meeting friends and staying with them but trying to avoid taking luggage everywhere bit if I have to, no big issue. I am taking EY flight next day, would I be able to use any lounge?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Possibly a stupid question, but what happens if you don't pick up your bag from the carousel? Won't it just be waiting for you in the luggage office the next morning?

If you're paranoid about theft you could even hang around the baggage claim area and watch it go round and round until it stops and they offload it.
I’ve done this at PDX when I have hopped on an earlier shuttle from Seattle with checked bags. I just go back the next day and retrieve them from the baggage office.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mak101
Thaks all for your inputs. I will be meeting friends and staying with them but trying to avoid taking luggage everywhere bit if I have to, no big issue. I am taking EY flight next day, would I be able to use any lounge?
Whatever lounge EY has available for your status or class of service (which could be “none” if you are no status and flying in Y).

Maybe ask in the EY forum?

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Yes, and to bring this full circle, your biz ticket on Etihad will grant you access to the Cathay Pacific lounge at SFO.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I am taking EY flight next day, would I be able to use any lounge?
I am going to guess you meant EK (Emirates) as Etihad (EY) no longer flies into SFO.

Emirates has their own lounge at SFO.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I am going to guess you meant EK (Emirates) as Etihad (EY) no longer flies into SFO.

You're right, of course, I'd totally forgotten that they scrapped their service here. I flew on it when it was still the Jetihad service and loved it in F. I think LAX is their only West Coast remaining service.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minhaoxue

Yes I meant EK not EY Somehow it stuck in my mind because I always used AA points to book EY and this is first time I am using AS points for EK flights - thanks for catching that
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
I have AS business class ticket (AA Award) to SFO arriving in the evening and departing next flight to DXB next day afternoon. I see I can use Cathay Pacific lounge as AS ticket holder - please correct me if I am wrong, CP lounge shows they have luggage room, can they keep my luggage overnight? Or is there any other option?
SFO is difficult. I arrived from Indonesia on a Cathay business class award ticket - had six large bags of dive gear (long story) and after clearing customs SFO would not recheck in the luggage to the next destination (SEA). They asked me to go to the AS terminal and recheck my luggage through AS, even though there was a staffed baggage recheck station. I manhandled two large carts of luggage (no porter) over to AS only to find out they'd closed their desk early (10:45 pm instead of 11 pm). Ended up having to lug a truckload of scuba gear to hotel and back the next morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.