Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I’d not hold my breath on a non-lounge option in SEA in addition to two “The Club” locations. Both ATL and ORD, far busier airports, each have two lounges with the latter having questionable/challenging access for domestic passengers. SFO has one lounge. DTW and SLC, both DL hubs, have none.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by euromannn
PP is owned by a UK insurance company and NOTHING in US feedback is ever reviewed in US.
I have received replies to my comments and suggestions when requested, including once from a VP.

PP and Airport Lounge Development have a small staff at their US HQ in a suburb of Dallas. One of the executives was AA's Managing Director of Premium Services, which includes Admirals Club.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by dayone
I have received replies to my comments and suggestions when requested, including once from a VP.

PP and Airport Lounge Development have a small staff at their US HQ in a suburb of Dallas. One of the executives was AA's Managing Director of Premium Services, which includes Admirals Club.
Good to know, thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

I am just tired of the whine! It is time to move on. Just like I am going to.

James
Agreed

UAPremierExec and krazykanuck like this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I have no idea how much Alaska gets whenever I go into their lounges, but I always try to go in when I'm walking by, even just to grab a cup of coffee, because I like the idea of taking money from Chase or Amex and giving it to Alaska. There's no way I cost the airline more than $3 per visit, and it seems unlikely they get less than $10.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I like the idea of taking money from Chase
Or any large bank, for that matter.
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Have any SEA-based Sapphire cardholders called Chase to see if they will compensate or offer an alternative now that PrioPass will be a lot less beneficial at our home airport...?

I don't think I can justify even the $150 net annual fee for next year...
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Have any SEA-based Sapphire cardholders called Chase to see if they will compensate or offer an alternative now that PrioPass will be a lot less beneficial at our home airport...?

If I were Chase I would say “there are still two lounges, you want what now?”
jinglish likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA

Have you considered stealing the $150.00 from the Salvation Army Christmas pot during the holiday season to compensate you get the CSR?

On my last international trip in ASIA in January, I went to 7 lounges. Some good and some mediocre.

I will be off to Europe in September where I will be able to go to a minimum of 3. Alaska Air will Not allow me entry so I have to use the far away and poor quality The Club. Maybe I go not sure even though I get in free.

All depends how frequent you travel.

My one regret? Nasty and free entry for one hour Minute Suites Lounge in Philadelphia --- I will never go again to this nasty and worthless lounge again.

Originally Posted by beckoa
Oh this is pure conjecture...

PP does see when agents slide the card and how many are getting in. So perhaps they saw a steady diminishing return on availability, plus complaints about lack of access. And SEA might have been the worst station for this. So perhaps PP said to AS we're terminating SEA due to average utilization being too low.
In general the electronic transaction is tracked to PP.
However, my stay with Minute Lounge in Philadelphia was NOT located by the dysfunctional PP , US Complaints manager CY, and because there was no transaction Ms CY rudely would Not respond to my complaint. In fact I stayed One hour is this [redacted] lounge with no food, water, snacks or bathroom. PP doesn't care to offer any other 'alternative' lounge options or recognize my feedback complaint.

Last edited by jackal; Aug 3, 2018 at 9:20 pm Reason: Merging consecutive posts from same member and redacting masked profanity
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Really wanted pancakes and attempted to enter 2 Alaska lounges on a weekday around 3PM with no Priority Pass signs out, both refused. Ended up at "The Club at SEA", was not as bad as I imagined. They even had Ivar's Clam Chowder. Very crowded at 95% occupancy though, even inside the small glass wall section for first class passengers.

Priority Pass really is garbage and should be thought of as an excess capacity outlet for selling lounge access when lounges have *no* regular customers at best, nothing more.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:34 pm

perhaps they don’t want to wait until Sept 1 , pushing up NO ACCESS to now?

Last edited by pcoll; Aug 10, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Maybe they "put the sign out" just to keep this FT thread in business.

Regards
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by msp3
Really wanted pancakes and attempted to enter 2 Alaska lounges on a weekday around 3PM with no Priority Pass signs out, both refused. Ended up at "The Club at SEA", was not as bad as I imagined. They even had Ivar's Clam Chowder. Very crowded at 95% occupancy though, even inside the small glass wall section for first class passengers.
Is it really Ivar's? It is good though...

I guess you were at S Gates The Club. The Club at A gates is usually much less crowded, if you can tolerate the hike. After 2 Alaska lounges, you must have already put in some mileage.
RaginPlainsman and msp3 like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Is it really Ivar's? It is good though...

I guess you were at S Gates The Club. The Club at A gates is usually much less crowded, if you can tolerate the hike. After 2 Alaska lounges, you must have already put in some mileage.
If they're serving Ivar's at the S gates The Club, I may have to trek out there sometime....I usually walk down to the club at the A gates and I agree, it's usually not overcrowded. Do both clubs now stay open til midnight or is it just the one at the A gates? As a side note, I'm surprised with all the emphasis on Northwest-inspired cuisine that Ivar's hasn't shown up in the F cabin on AS. If you're flying DL, they serve Ivar's in their Skyclub at SEA.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If they're serving Ivar's at the S gates The Club, I may have to trek out there sometime....I usually walk down to the club at the A gates and I agree, it's usually not overcrowded. Do both clubs now stay open til midnight or is it just the one at the A gates? As a side note, I'm surprised with all the emphasis on Northwest-inspired cuisine that Ivar's hasn't shown up in the F cabin on AS. If you're flying DL, they serve Ivar's in their Skyclub at SEA.
that may be one of the best reasons I have heard for flying DL now. Plus, I can use Skyclub with Plat AmEx now that PP is no longer an option for AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.