Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall Schedule Update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NM_Guy

ABQ - SFO 17 Sept 715 am departure is suddenly no longer operating - the only flight is now 340 pm.
Thanks much.
With that a big change in schedule, you should be able to call in, refuse the schedule change, and be refunded to your original payment method. You should not be forced to deposit to your wallet if it did not originate there.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by NM_Guy
ABQ - SFO 17 Sept 715 am departure is suddenly no longer operating - the only flight is now 340 pm. I am positioning for SFO - HKG (separate ticket) which now mis-connects.
Alaska offers no option other than refund to my wallet or travel the day before which will cost me added hotel expense.
Could you still make the SFO-HKG flight if you depart ABQ and connect at LAX on Alaska? I see routings that would get you into SFO as early as 0959 which should be pretty close to what your nonstop arrival time was. Are they even looking at routings with a connection?

Tom in Albuquerque tonight
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
Could you still make the SFO-HKG flight if you depart ABQ and connect at LAX on Alaska? I see routings that would get you into SFO as early as 0959 which should be pretty close to what your nonstop arrival time was. Are they even looking at routings with a connection?

Tom in Albuquerque tonight
The early flight from ABQ to LAX is on AA-not AS and they are charging $1136 on the AS site one way. Changing carriers in LA and then dealing with the chance of morning fog at SFO which would delay/cancel/divert the flight to SFO would not be a good option.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The early flight from ABQ to LAX is on AA-not AS
OK - couldn't tell that from looking at flights on Expert Flyer. Didn't know that AS4295 was an AA flight as that isn't indicated there.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
OK - couldn't tell that from looking at flights on Expert Flyer. Didn't know that AS4295 was an AA flight as that isn't indicated there.
AS is small enough that they only use so many flight numbers. 0xxx are AS mainline, 1xxx are former VX birds (for now, at least), 2xxx are QX flights, 3xxx are OO-operated, and 9xxx are maintenance/repositioning/etc. flights. Apparently 4xxx is the AA codeshare range.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Had some pretty bad insomnia last night, again I am up at 03:30 today and was checking my flights out. Saw that a midday PDX-SFO had appeared when it previously had not existed. Tried to reschedule but the system came up with errors. Gave a call at 04:22 and got a person in Boise who was very nice and competent. Told me about the system outage and update. Got me scheduled onto the PDX-SFO flight I wanted but did note that my JFK- PDX flight had moved up from 10:55 to 09:30 which is a pretty big change.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I wouldn't really see SFO-DAL in an E75 as a bad thing at all, particularly in coach. 2-2 seating, probably the widest seats you'll find anywhere in economy. Smaller plane = faster on/off. If I'm not up front, I'd choose a flight on an E75 over just about anything else.
Or slower on/off if you get an infamous SFO bus gate. The E75's are comfortable planes, but they're prone to getting those gates.

That said, even mainline is not immune to it, I had a bus gate to a mainline VX 320 the other day at SFO.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
This latest round of schedule changes have been great for me. Trips with 3 connections and an overnight have now morphed into a one stop at the perfect time and no overnights. All four of my upcoming trips have had changes that worked to my advantage.

One flight that was changed last week by an hour allowed us to change to my preferred direct flight from SEA (no U when I booked so I took a connection from YVR with an overnight through SJC) and kept us in F, albeit with a 5 hour wait in SEA. Yesterday, it changed again and I noticed a new YVR-SEA flight on the schedule which cut our wait time down to 2 hours. Love these schedule changes.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by channa
Or slower on/off if you get an infamous SFO bus gate. The E75's are comfortable planes, but they're prone to getting those gates.

That said, even mainline is not immune to it, I had a bus gate to a mainline VX 320 the other day at SFO.
I flew SFO-SNA yesterday, and even with the bus, it was fine. It wasn't a DCA Gate 35X level of hell by any stretch. On the way out, the 2nd bus left the terminal fairly close to departure, so we didn't sit on the plane for an excessive period of time. On the return, they again had two busses waiting for the plane, so we weren't crammed in too badly and the timing was fine.

I'd be happier without the bus ride, of course, but I haven't lived here long enough to know whether all AS E75s get remote stands at SFO or not.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
PSA - Fall schedule rolled out yesterday for Aug 26-Nov 3. Check your flights for changes.
ugh...this cocked up our September 15th SBA trip pretty royally. New flight number, moved the departures up by nearly two hours. That also fouls up our car rental @ SBA.
if I seek a new car Rez my costs increase significantly. May just scratch the whole excursion & stay home...
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:22 am
Original Poster

I'd be happier without the bus ride, of course, but I haven't lived here long enough to know whether all AS E75s get remote stands at SFO or not.
They don't always. Bigger concern as extensively discussed in the diversion thread is the E175s are always going to take the first and worst of delay/diversion problems at SFO before mainline.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
Thanks for heads-up. Not too much of a headache as opposed to last time. EWR-SFO flight changed from Airbus to 737, so lost the Virgin First seats, oh well. Also now 30 minutes shorter flight, guess those Boeing's really are a lot faster.
Looks like the morning SFO-EWR and SFO-JFK switched to 737 for the fall. Then the evening EWR-SFO and JFK-SFO are also 737. I would expect these routes to transition to mostly 737 by winter in anticipation of wind. Interestingly, it's still all Airbii on the winter schedule so far.

ETA: Looks like SFO-BOS is still running Airbii for the fall as well.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
They don't always. Bigger concern as extensively discussed in the diversion thread is the E175s are always going to take the first and worst of delay/diversion problems at SFO before mainline.
That makes sense. The diversion issue tends to impact me less, but I can see how it is a concern to others. I live in SF, so a diversion to OAK really isn't that big a deal - it'll amount to a $40 Uber home, vs ~$20 from SFO. I can see how it would be more of a problem for people living down the peninsula, particularly on the west side of it, though.

The delays, yeah, I can totally see that being a problem. So far I've been pretty lucky on that front, but I'm sure I'll run into it soon.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I flew SFO-SNA yesterday, and even with the bus, it was fine. It wasn't a DCA Gate 35X level of hell by any stretch. On the way out, the 2nd bus left the terminal fairly close to departure, so we didn't sit on the plane for an excessive period of time. On the return, they again had two busses waiting for the plane, so we weren't crammed in too badly and the timing was fine.

It's not that bad on departure when it works. When they don't run enough buses, it's a problem. We took a 30-minute departure delay on a mainline the other day. Attributable to the remote stand.

Arriving, it adds time. If you checked bags, it reduces or eliminates your bag waiting time in most cases. If you didn't check bags, it can add 15 minutes to your exit from the airport.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Looks like the evening SFO-ORD flight in the fall gets in well before midnight, which is better than the current well after midnight. Did that once and was not impressed with the late hour of the arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.