Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounges (2020 and Earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
BTW, I notice that there used to be some chicken breast (in cube) and other fruit for toppings for salad. I didnt see that in JFK. is that gone?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Dyoungman1
Probably already been posted, but how long is the PDX lounge closed for renovations?
Frim the email I got, it sounds like just the evenings until this spring:

”I am sending out a quick note to make you aware that we are closing the Portland Alaska Lounge at 8pm each night starting on January 14th to accommodate our renovation. We will return to our normal operating hours when construction is complete, which is expected to be in February or March.”
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
I'm traveling on JL business class from HND-SFO, and connection onwards on Alaska SFO-SNA in first class. Will I have any sort of lounge access at SFO T2? There's no AS lounge there only AA Admirals club. Do I have access to that since I am flying business class on JL on the previous leg? Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bylin2000
I'm traveling on JL business class from HND-SFO, and connection onwards on Alaska SFO-SNA in first class. Will I have any sort of lounge access at SFO T2? There's no AS lounge there only AA Admirals club. Do I have access to that since I am flying business class on JL on the previous leg? Thanks!
No. Oneworld lounge access rules that give you access after a longhaul flight only apply if you fly OW airlines. AS is not a OW member. If you were flying AA SFO-LAX you would have access (but that can’t be booked as one award with AS miles). If you really wanted to you could buy a throwaway ticket, or just buy a lounge pass ($59), or get the AA credit card that includes Admirals Club membership.

One other possibility: take a stopover in SFO (you get one on a one way), fly to LAX on a separate AA ticket, then use the AS SFO-SNA segment on another, different trip.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by garethlewis
Are they all as bland and understocked as the lounges in Anchorage and Seattle? Crap food choices, paying for most alcohol and the layout of the seating is cluttered
Yes. They all have me wondering what's the point. But on the bright side, some have fake fireplaces.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

No. Oneworld lounge access rules that give you access after a longhaul flight only apply if you fly OW airlines. AS is not a OW member. If you were flying AA SFO-LAX you would have access (but that can’t be booked as one award with AS miles). If you really wanted to you could buy a throwaway ticket, or just buy a lounge pass ($59), or get the AA credit card that includes Admirals Club membership.

One other possibility: take a stopover in SFO (you get one on a one way), fly to LAX on a separate AA ticket, then use the AS SFO-SNA segment on another, different trip.
Thanks for clarifying the rules and providing some options! I know AS allows the use of the CX lounge if flying out of the international terminal... is it possible to get in there since I am on a confirmed first class Alaska ticket (albeit I'm at the wrong terminal)? I know it's a completely different terminal and I'd have to go thru security again, but just playing with my options as it's a 3.5 hour layover. It's no big deal if I don't have lounge access, but just seeing what is possible.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by bylin2000
Thanks for clarifying the rules and providing some options! I know AS allows the use of the CX lounge if flying out of the international terminal... is it possible to get in there since I am on a confirmed first class Alaska ticket (albeit I'm at the wrong terminal)? I know it's a completely different terminal and I'd have to go thru security again, but just playing with my options as it's a 3.5 hour layover. It's no big deal if I don't have lounge access, but just seeing what is possible.
Partner lounge entry is only for Alaska Lounge members, not available as a benefit to those flying in First, but you should be able to get through security for any terminal at SFO so long as you have a valid boarding pass. I've left T2 to enter T3/access the Centurion lounge at SFO on several occasions w/ no issue. If a TSA agent or SFO staff member tells you you're heading into the wrong terminal, a simple "I'm going to X lounge" should be sufficient.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I've left T2 to enter T3/access the Centurion lounge at SFO on several occasions w/ no issue.
I've done the same thing to access Priority Pass restaurants in T3 when flying Alaska.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Virginia Mason and Alaska must use the same ad or design firm. That font and swooping lines was immediately obvious....
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
House wine in AS lounges turning into admiral's club special (aka "motor oil")

Is it just me, or have the lounge "enhancements" with the introduction of paid "premium" wines also equaled the downgrading of the free house wine? In the PDX lounge, they got rid of the two different choices of red wines from Washington state and replaced it with some awful cheap crap from California.

I also noticed this in the Seattle C lounge, that the Washington state red house wine was replaced with awful undrinkable crap from California. It tastes like what I call the "Admirals Club special".

Really Alaska? Where are the "local" wines?

Also, for their outrageously priced "premium" wine in the PDX lounge, they are selling people Duck Pond Pinot Noir. Look, while I appreciate that if you go to the Duck Pond winery, they give you free tastings, there is also a reason why they do that. Their Pinot Noir is drinkable, but it is NOT premium. Eight bucks for Duck Pond Pinot Noir? Really??

I renewed my AS lounge membership last October, and what I should have done is just gotten a credit card with PP Pass and just gone to Capers, where you can get awesome glasses of wine and listen to the nice live music there next to Stumptown.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MJMLBBtoCPH
Is it just me, or have the lounge "enhancements" with the introduction of paid "premium" wines also equaled the downgrading of the free house wine? In the PDX lounge, they got rid of the two different choices of red wines from Washington state and replaced it with some awful cheap crap from California.

I also noticed this in the Seattle C lounge, that the Washington state red house wine was replaced with awful undrinkable crap from California. It tastes like what I call the "Admirals Club special".

Also, for their outrageously priced "premium" wine in the PDX lounge, they are selling people Duck Pond Pinot Noir. Look, while I appreciate that if you go to the Duck Pond winery, they give you free tastings, there is also a reason why they do that. Their Pinot Noir is drinkable, but it is NOT premium. Eight bucks for Duck Pond Pinot Noir? Really??

I renewed my AS lounge membership last October, and what I should have done is just gotten a credit card with PP Pass and just gone to Capers, where you can get awesome glasses of wine and listen to the nice live music there next to Stumptown.
The comp wine has been atrocious for years. I can't speak for PDX, but can for every other swill I've been served over the years.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K

If you expect fine food and beverages, Alaska Lounge is not where you should be.I just want to be away from the crowd, a comfortable seat, have a snack and a drink, and charge my phone.
pbelmore likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Might I suggest the beer selection instead. AS Lounges do indeed seem to have a good number of "premium" beers on tap AND they are free.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Traveling on J ticket, Lounge Access at SFO?

If you are traveling on a J ticket is there any lounge access at SFO? Only thing I see is that IF YOU are an Alaska Lounge Member, partner access at CX Lounge...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by theboss7593
If you are traveling on a J ticket is there any lounge access at SFO? Only thing I see is that IF YOU are an Alaska Lounge Member, partner access at CX Lounge...
Correct. No lounge option for AS First passengers right now. They announced plans for an SFO lounge in T2, expected to open in 2020, but that's still a way's off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.