FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Same day change AND upgrade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1908405-same-day-change-upgrade.html)

SFGuy37 May 8, 2018 5:33 pm

Same day change AND upgrade

Im flying ANC to SFO via SEA - my first flight is showing sold out in F (and I have no AS status for comp upgrade) but the schedule from ANC is very regular and I'm hoping to upgrade to F. If there is F availability showing on day of departure, can I pay $25 to same day change AND simultaneously buy upgrade to F on earlier flight?

If so can this be done online, or do I need to call?

CDKing May 8, 2018 6:04 pm

Odds are very slim that there will actually be paid upgrades available since its elite heavy route (U space must be available). Must be confirmed on the flight before you can request an upgrade.

eponymous_coward May 8, 2018 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by SFGuy37 (Post 29731657)
Im flying ANC to SFO via SEA - my first flight is showing sold out in F (and I have no AS status for comp upgrade) but the schedule from ANC is very regular and I'm hoping to upgrade to F. If there is F availability showing on day of departure, can I pay $25 to same day change AND simultaneously buy upgrade to F on earlier flight?

I'd say your chances are about as good as being offered an LBFU ORD-DFW or a cash upgrade at checkin on ATL-LGA/JFK, if you'd like more examples of airlines you are familiar with where you are also flying between two hubs that are crammed full of elites... ;)

But if you SDC on the app and there's U available on the flight you switch to because there are ZERO people on the F waitlist, yeah, they might offer it to you during checkin. I wouldn't be making plans on enjoying the F prosecco, though.

dayone May 8, 2018 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 29731815)
I'd say your chances are about as good as being offered an LBFU ORD-DFW

:D

JPat May 8, 2018 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by SFGuy37 (Post 29731657)

if you have no status how will you obtain the upgrade following your confirmation of the flight?
i just did this today our of SMF. We are Golds but I still had to go up to the gate counter and asked to be added to the waitlist and than upgrade. Had I not had status I would have been unable to obtain the UG unless I paid for it or had a ticket class that I could use miles to upgrade with.

Legend717 May 9, 2018 1:16 am

Originally Posted by JPat (Post 29732514)

if you have no status how will you obtain the upgrade following your confirmation of the flight?
i just did this today our of SMF. We are Golds but I still had to go up to the gate counter and asked to be added to the waitlist and than upgrade. Had I not had status I would have been unable to obtain the UG unless I paid for it or had a ticket class that I could use miles to upgrade with.

Exactly- he'd pay cash for it. Alaska's cash buy ups are very reasonably priced.