Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Agents Saying You’re on the Upgrade List But...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler

Many times I will downgrade for a SDC and give up First on my current flight. On the app or online it never shows me on the F upgrade list on my new flight. I always call, and the 75k agents always say “oh yeah you’re on the Upgrade list” but my name never shows up on the app or online.

is this just a glitch where I am on the upgrade list and it not being shown? This happens every time I do a SDC.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I SDC'd on YVR-SEA a few weeks ago to a mainline flight, and about 30 minutes after I got my "You've been Upgraded" email.

*shrugs*
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

From YVR? How many days do they operate a 737 on that route?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:19 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Looks like two 737 flights per day on that route.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Getting back to the topic, has anyone done SDC, and even though not showing on the UG list, been Upgraded on the new flight?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
@Edgerfly - the Alaska app did not show us on the waitlist, although when I SDC'd, my check-in status carried over. I wonder if that can be corrected by rechecking-in for your flight?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Currently the agent says I’m on the list. but It does not show it on the app, nor waiting list. Apparently also cannot Check in for the flight because online because she told me I was randomly selected as someone who needs to check in at the airport. I’ve never heard of that before but... whatever.So I can’t check in online.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Guess last agent lied because I had never heard of that before. I Recalled, New agent, was able to fix to let me check in online.Now I’m #1 on the list it shows. ����
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I have never been on a flight where there was the slightest chance of an upgrade at the SDC window. When I SDC I assume it will be in coach.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:02 am

What's sdc? I know we're full acronyms here, but haven't heard this one yet.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:07 am
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
What's sdc? I know we're full acronyms here, but haven't heard this one yet.
Same Day Confirmed flight change
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Same Day Change is a great option for all passengers but even better for elites.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...flight-changes
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:58 pm

In my experience, if your name is not showing up on the list you will not get the upgrade. You will call and you'll have agents fight with you that your name is on the upgrade list and not to worry, but that's not the case. I've shown up at the airport and the gate agent tells me that my name is not showing up on their list. I normally have to call several times until I find an agent that knows what to do and fixes it to get me on the list and my name shows up. Be prepared for some agents to be rude for insisting and just keep trying until you get one that will help. One time the agent kept trying on the backend for a while, unchecked me from my flight and about an hour later I was able to check in again and then my name appeared on the list. It's a tough glitch apparently.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I have never been on a flight where there was the slightest chance of an upgrade at the SDC window. When I SDC I assume it will be in coach.
There have been a few times I've managed to grab an upgrade on a SDC, but usually it's something like LAX-SEA at 11am on a Wednesday.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

As UAPremier1k pointed out above, I was able to check-in online, and then about an hour after I got an email saying I was upgraded and got the last seat in F. This is SEA-LAS today (Tuesday). I suppose because I was a 75ker, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.