FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Airbus A319/20/21N Reconfiguration/Retirements Tracking Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1871515-airbus-a319-20-21n-reconfiguration-retirements-tracking-thread.html)

BostonPlanesAndTrains Oct 11, 2017 11:39 am

Airbus A319/20/21N Reconfiguration/Retirements Tracking Thread

Alaska is in the process of preparing the VX fleet for interior mods to match that of the AS fleet. Seating in First Class will change to 12 from the current 8, and Premium Class will be getting 6 more seats. Ultimately, these aircrafts will be transfers from their Transcontinental Routes, to more North/South Corridor routes on the West Coast.

brettsir Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Just a note: N362-365 have sharklets but are not ETOPS . Only N281-6VA are ETOPS certified.

dmodemd Oct 13, 2017 1:47 pm

I assume F seats will be replaced with Alaska <current> F seats?

As I understand it, the new F seats will not be coming until late 2018 and we don't know if they will get prioritized to the Airbus aircraft yet (since those seats have to be replaced anyway).

BostonPlanesAndTrains Oct 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 28929296)
I assume F seats will be replaced with Alaska <current> F seats?

As I understand it, the new F seats will not be coming until late 2018 and we don't know if they will get prioritized to the Airbus aircraft yet (since those seats have to be replaced anyway).

I've heard like Q2, but that was a while ago so it probably switched to later 2018. This thread is probably useless until then as I suspect repainting and cabin mods are gonna happen together.

rustykettel Oct 26, 2017 2:45 pm

https://seekingalpha.com/article/411...all-transcript

Take it with a grain of salt, but the conversions are now scheduled to start September 2018 and run 15 months.

dmodemd Oct 27, 2017 9:51 am

I hope we can get comp F upgrades sooner, but the merger elite benefit roadmap says late 2018 in alignment with the reconfigs I guess?

Will that mean only comp F on Alaska F seats?

Or... will we get comp F once they are using only the Alaska reservation system in April?? One can hope we get comp F in VX F seats :)

eponymous_coward Oct 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 28984057)
I hope we can get comp F upgrades sooner, but the merger elite benefit roadmap says late 2018 in alignment with the reconfigs I guess?

Will that mean only comp F on Alaska F seats?

Or... will we get comp F once they are using only the Alaska reservation system in April?? One can hope we get comp F in VX F seats :)

If it's all AS flight numbers and AS tickets with AS elites, they'll have to do some kind of time-limited logic ("OK, it's an Airbus, so don't upgrade anyone") that could get totally messed up with equipment subs, and will just get everyone mad.

dmodemd Nov 5, 2017 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 28984057)

The elite benefits roadmap now says mid-2018 for comp F upgrades on VX flights.

eponymous_coward Nov 5, 2017 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 29022932)
The elite benefits roadmap now says mid-2018 for comp F upgrades on VX flights.

I would think that once 4/25/2018 happens (assuming that is when SOC happens and all tickets/flights are now AS), how is AS going to stop upgrades on what was VX equipment? There are no VX flights at that point. It's all AS flights.

steve64 Nov 7, 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 29023045)
I would think that once 4/25/2018 happens (assuming that is when SOC happens and all tickets/flights are now AS), how is AS going to stop upgrades on what was VX equipment? There are no VX flights at that point. It's all AS flights.

"SOC" (FAA certification) and "all tickets/flights are now AS" (marketing/DOT) are two separate events that have nothing to do with each other.

In recent past mergers, the SOC happened well before the 2 airlines were being marketed/sold as a single entity. It isn't much different than Horizon (despite being owned by AAG) operating under its own FAA Operating Certificate yet being marketed as AS.

Snowdevil Nov 9, 2017 12:59 am

SOC = January 2018
Single Passenger Service System (all flights are now AS) = 4/25/18

beckoa Nov 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Snowdevil (Post 29038806)
SOC = January 2018
Single Passenger Service System (all flights are now AS) = 4/25/18

Glad to have "the rest of the story" here ^

isaac.chambers Dec 7, 2017 3:51 pm

N925VA has been delivered to MIA a few days ago and is reported to be in all white livery. It appears this may be the SF Giants livery previously announced. I am not sure if it is going to be VX on the inside though. N924VA is coming in the next few weeks - again in XFW in all white livery...rumors are this is the first airbus in AS colors...again unsure if the inside is gonna be the VX red....

isaac.chambers Dec 16, 2017 8:29 am

Connfirmed thats n925 is in the “most West Coast” livery. White tail but the engines are in AS colors. It goes to SFO this weekend. Still not sure if it’s VX on the inside. N924VA is still at XFW. Could this be the Giants livery. I am gonna see if I can get a ride on n925va and/or find the reservation seat map for when it’s assigned it’s first revenue flight.

VXforever Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by isaac.chambers (Post 29181118)
Connfirmed thats n925 is in the “most West Coast” livery. White tail but the engines are in AS colors. It goes to SFO this weekend. Still not sure if it’s VX on the inside. N924VA is still at XFW. Could this be the Giants livery. I am gonna see if I can get a ride on n925va and/or find the reservation seat map for when it’s assigned it’s first revenue flight.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9545f76dc2.jpg

My best guess is that since it'd being configured at MIA, where VX TechOps is based (despite not flying there) -- where every single new plane into their system is configured -- I'd imagine that it'll be VX on the inside. MIA TechOPs and new plane config is done elsewhere.

By painting it in MostWestCoast livery, it can remain that way for years to come or indefinitely.