FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   New Flights from Paine Field! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1843082-new-flights-paine-field.html)

JPat Jun 7, 2017 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Aliquot (Post 28415101)
should be faster than a bus

I think we can probably express travel time on light rail from Everett in light-years.

greybeardy Jun 7, 2017 3:55 pm

Recently the Everett Herald had an on line questionnaire about where AS should fly from PAE. The top four results from the list were in order Hawaii followed by Las Vegas then much further back metro LA and metro SF.

sdsearch Jun 7, 2017 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by JPat (Post 28415484)
I think we can probably express travel time on light rail from Everett in light-years.

Light-years are a measurement of distance (specifically, the distance light travels in one year). As time, they're simply years, nothing more.

Kieron Jun 7, 2017 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus (Post 28414982)
What would travel time on light rail even be, 2 1/2 hours?

About 75 minutes - SeaTac-Lynnwood by itself is projected at an hour on the dot. Similar to SFO-OAK via BART.

formeraa Jun 8, 2017 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by greybeardy (Post 28416105)
Recently the Everett Herald had an on line questionnaire about where AS should fly from PAE. The top four results from the list were in order Hawaii followed by Las Vegas then much further back metro LA and metro SF.

It might support a 2x weekly nonstop to Hawaii (Sat and Sun).

akelkar Jun 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by greybeardy (Post 28416105)

Leisure travelers vs. Business travelers I presume.

If I'm still out here in the Puget Sound in 20 years, use of the LINK Light Rail from SEA-PNE would be kinda funny.

Also gonna put my hat in for a PNE Do :D

ffman999 Jun 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by akelkar (Post 28479103)

If I'm still out here in the Puget Sound in 20 years, use of the LINK Light Rail from SEA-PNE would be kinda funny.

I live in the North Seattle area and would consider trying out Paine Field if it was during a high traffic time to get to Sea-Tac. I worry about the noise factor though. Will there be a cap during the night time for these flights?

missamo80 Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by ffman999 (Post 28479267)
I live in the North Seattle area and would consider trying out Paine Field if it was during a high traffic time to get to Sea-Tac. I worry about the noise factor though. Will there be a cap during the night time for these flights?

There are already 300+ flights a day to/from Paine Field using big jets. There are no limitations on flights other than those that are already part of the Paine Field Noise Abatement Procedures.

Neil

AndyPatterson Jun 23, 2017 7:34 pm

"PNE" is the airport code for Northeast Philadelphia Airport! Be amazing if the LINK Light Rail went that far, but at the present speed of LINK's construction, it would take at least 851 years (arbitrary number) to build it...

sdsearch Jun 23, 2017 9:39 pm

The airport code for Paine is PAE, not PNE:

DLASflyer Aug 10, 2017 8:19 am

United Airlines to Offer More Options for Seattle-Area Customers with Daily Service Between Paine Field and its Denver and San Francisco Hubs

http://newsroom.united.com/2017-08-1...Francisco-Hubs

Cruss74 Aug 10, 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer (Post 28672170)
United Airlines to Offer More Options for Seattle-Area Customers with Daily Service Between Paine Field and its Denver and San Francisco Hubs

So I was right!

Originally Posted by Cruss74 (Post 28328814)
Looking at the busiest routes from SEA, SFO & DEN are #2 and #4 on the list, respectively, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a UAX flight to one or both of them.

BOB W Aug 10, 2017 11:12 am

Perhaps UA will build a lounge that AS can contract with at PAE:D

JPat Aug 10, 2017 11:42 am

The Seattle Times article by Dominic Gates, in today's edition, notes that the commercial ops @ PAI will be restricted to
A 7AM-6PM window. I wonder how that is gonna play out in real time?

jinglish Aug 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by JPat (Post 28673088)
The Seattle Times article by Dominic Gates, in today's edition, notes that the commercial ops @ PAI will be restricted to
A 7AM-6PM window. I wonder how that is gonna play out in real time?

It was confirmed somewhere upthread that this isn't actually the case.