FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   First World prob but it's still annoying: seat moves after booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1839653-first-world-prob-but-its-still-annoying-seat-moves-after-booking.html)

slopeboy40 Apr 29, 2017 11:19 am

First World prob but it's still annoying: seat moves after booking

Ticket purchased 2/20 for travel on 5/21, booked myself into seat 6A and wifey into 6C, I love the window seat and she prefers the aisle. Sometimes the middle seat stays open, sometimes not.

Checked up on my flight today and found I had been moved to 6D. I know, same row, same legroom, same level of service, but still, why can't I count on keeping the seat I reserved? Is it because we left the center seat open? If that's the reason then I'll just start buying us each our own tickets.

Like the title says......

Eastbay1K Apr 29, 2017 11:23 am

Was 6A still available? And yes, it is annoying.

slopeboy40 Apr 29, 2017 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 28245231)
Was 6A still available? And yes, it is annoying.

Nope, all of row 6 is booked and only 2 singles in the exit rows. At least it's a short (1.5 hr) flight.

notquiteaff Apr 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Is 6C still a seat designated for disabled travelers?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-impunity.html

sltlyamusd Apr 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 28245402)

that was my guess...

slopeboy40 Apr 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 28245402)

Even if it is, my wife was booked into 6C and is still in 6C. I was in 6A and got moved.

Baze Apr 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Delete.

BarryL Apr 29, 2017 3:44 pm

I've been booking 6C for years. Always get disclaimer that I could be moved, but if they move me, they move me..

Any explanation from Alaska on why you got moved? Or didn't bother to ask?

slopeboy40 Apr 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by BarryL (Post 28245976)
I've been booking 6C for years. Always get disclaimer that I could be moved, but if they move me, they move me..

Any explanation from Alaska on why you got moved? Or didn't bother to ask?

Nah I didn't bother to call. I just vented here instead. :D

ctporter Apr 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by slopeboy40 (Post 28246118)
Nah I didn't bother to call. I just vented here instead. :D

As a MM you should not be moved unless there are dire circumstances! I would call in to let them know about this issue and frankly, I would expect something in return for relocating you from 6A, and not your wife in 6C which we all know is the one seat subject to being moved. Although being moved to an aisle might be viewed as a better seat by some, obviously it is not so in your case. (does your profile indicate a preference for aisle or window?)

tatterdema Apr 30, 2017 5:05 am

That would be an issue for me. I book the passenger side of the plane for a reason. Neck will not turn to the right. Does not matter how far back I am, I have to have the right side of the plane.

slopeboy40 Apr 30, 2017 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ctporter (Post 28246782)
As a MM you should not be moved unless there are dire circumstances! I would call in to let them know about this issue and frankly, I would expect something in return for relocating you from 6A, and not your wife in 6C which we all know is the one seat subject to being moved. Although being moved to an aisle might be viewed as a better seat by some, obviously it is not so in your case. (does your profile indicate a preference for aisle or window?)

Yeah, window seat is set as my personal preference. And I just don't see a reason to call. All of the seats are filled now so I can't move anywhere, I don't think I should be 'compensated' because the move wasn't horrible, and even though I am a MM, I am still just a lowly Gold so a 75k might have thrown their weight around and got my seat.

And speaking of MM, on my recent flight to OGG the FA showed me that my MM status does not appear on her paperwork that she uses when she greets everyone and takes their orders, it only appears on her electronic device. :confused:

ctporter Apr 30, 2017 10:17 am

Originally Posted by slopeboy40 (Post 28248040)
Yeah, window seat is set as my personal preference. And I just don't see a reason to call. All of the seats are filled now so I can't move anywhere, I don't think I should be 'compensated' because the move wasn't horrible, and even though I am a MM, I am still just a lowly Gold so a 75k might have thrown their weight around and got my seat.

And speaking of MM, on my recent flight to OGG the FA showed me that my MM status does not appear on her paperwork that she uses when she greets everyone and takes their orders, it only appears on her electronic device. :confused:

I've been a 75k for years now, and although I have never tried to do so, it just does not make sense that I would/should be able to have someone moved just so I could sit in the seat they have already taken!

IMHO, a MM that is STILL flying should outrank a lowly 75k ;)

slopeboy40 Apr 30, 2017 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ctporter (Post 28248260)
IMHO, a MM that is STILL flying should outrank a lowly 75k ;)

I like the way you think ^

rustykettel Apr 30, 2017 11:21 am

I think there's a thread a couple of months ago where someone thought/was told they were bumped for a 75K and that was shot down as the reason.

You might consider dropping a line to AS, not for compensation, but simply because their IT is falling down. They need to do swaps or whatever's going on without reshuffling pax from their selected seats. I'm sure you're far from the only one annoyed with that. I know I would be.