FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Vouchers not received (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1828362-vouchers-not-received.html)

snofy Mar 9, 2017 11:07 am

Vouchers not received

Two days ago I received an email from Alaska Airlines asking for volunteers to change flight for my trip in April so I called up, got my flight changed and was told that the voucher would be emailed to me. Last night, no vouchers received yet so I called customer service again and the agent said he couldn't find any email to me in the system but the department in charge of that was closed at that time so he gave me another number to call.

So today I called that number which redirect to the general number anyway and the agent today said it takes 5 to 7 days for the voucher to be approved. Is it true that it takes a week to get the voucher? It's my first time getting the volunteer needed email so not sure how it's gonna work.

dayone Mar 9, 2017 2:45 pm

There are at least three steps to the process so it does take a few days.

matkusopet Mar 9, 2017 5:25 pm

Yes, my last voucher took almost two weeks to process, but it eventually came through. Just keep an eye out.

snofy Mar 9, 2017 5:53 pm

Thanks for the replies! I was just worried that something might go wrong but glad to know that is how it is supposed to be. Thanks again!

flyupfrnt Mar 9, 2017 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by snofy (Post 28014511)
Two days ago I received an email from Alaska Airlines asking for volunteers to change flight for my trip in April so I called up, got my flight changed and was told that the voucher would be emailed to me. Last night, no vouchers received yet so I called customer service again and the agent said he couldn't find any email to me in the system but the department in charge of that was closed at that time so he gave me another number to call.

So today I called that number which redirect to the general number anyway and the agent today said it takes 5 to 7 days for the voucher to be approved. Is it true that it takes a week to get the voucher? It's my first time getting the volunteer needed email so not sure how it's gonna work.

Would you mind sharing the route / Date and flight #s for reference. I've flown a lot and never seen this type of proactive behavior on our favorite airline.

acarney Mar 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt (Post 28016956)
Would you mind sharing the route / Date and flight #s for reference. I've flown a lot and never seen this type of proactive behavior on our favorite airline.

Ya, I'm surprised too that they didn't try to gamble that some people didn't show up on that day, etc. Maybe it was a full cancellation of the flight or something due to lack of equipment?

beckoa Mar 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by acarney (Post 28020077)
Ya, I'm surprised too that they didn't try to gamble that some people didn't show up on that day, etc. Maybe it was a full cancellation of the flight or something due to lack of equipment?

Or a 739 to a 73G...

bevvy5 Mar 14, 2017 3:59 pm

We got one as well

This was for flight 972 from SEA to PSP on April 14th.

Text of the email:

To
BEVVY5@XXXXX

Today at 1:35 PM

Receive a $300 voucher.

Confirmation Code: XXXX

Dear (Mr. Bevvy5)

Your flight is overbooked, and we're looking for volunteers to take an alternative flight in exchange for a $300 discount on future travel.

If you are interested in this offer, please contact us at 1-800-252-7522. You will be rebooked on the next available flight to your destination, at no additional charge.

We appreciate customers who are able to modify their travel plans, and we look forward to serving you.

As always, thank you for flying with us.

-Alaska Airlines

We're not taking advantage as we paid the slight upcharge and have row 6 seats, which is a huge bonus with hubby's mobility issues. It's the Coachella music thing that weekend and it's Easter weekend so I guess they're busy.

lg20 Mar 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Yup, that flight is changed to a 700.