Vouchers not received

Old Mar 9, 17, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Vouchers not received

Two days ago I received an email from Alaska Airlines asking for volunteers to change flight for my trip in April so I called up, got my flight changed and was told that the voucher would be emailed to me. Last night, no vouchers received yet so I called customer service again and the agent said he couldn't find any email to me in the system but the department in charge of that was closed at that time so he gave me another number to call.

So today I called that number which redirect to the general number anyway and the agent today said it takes 5 to 7 days for the voucher to be approved. Is it true that it takes a week to get the voucher? It's my first time getting the volunteer needed email so not sure how it's gonna work.
Old Mar 9, 17, 3:45 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

There are at least three steps to the process so it does take a few days.
Old Mar 9, 17, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Yes, my last voucher took almost two weeks to process, but it eventually came through. Just keep an eye out.
Old Mar 9, 17, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! I was just worried that something might go wrong but glad to know that is how it is supposed to be. Thanks again!
Old Mar 9, 17, 11:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Gold - Hertz PC - BW Diamond - IHG Plat
Originally Posted by snofy View Post
Two days ago I received an email from Alaska Airlines asking for volunteers to change flight for my trip in April so I called up, got my flight changed and was told that the voucher would be emailed to me. Last night, no vouchers received yet so I called customer service again and the agent said he couldn't find any email to me in the system but the department in charge of that was closed at that time so he gave me another number to call.

So today I called that number which redirect to the general number anyway and the agent today said it takes 5 to 7 days for the voucher to be approved. Is it true that it takes a week to get the voucher? It's my first time getting the volunteer needed email so not sure how it's gonna work.

Would you mind sharing the route / Date and flight #s for reference. I've flown a lot and never seen this type of proactive behavior on our favorite airline.
Old Mar 10, 17, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt View Post
Would you mind sharing the route / Date and flight #s for reference. I've flown a lot and never seen this type of proactive behavior on our favorite airline.
Ya, I'm surprised too that they didn't try to gamble that some people didn't show up on that day, etc. Maybe it was a full cancellation of the flight or something due to lack of equipment?
Old Mar 10, 17, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by acarney View Post
Ya, I'm surprised too that they didn't try to gamble that some people didn't show up on that day, etc. Maybe it was a full cancellation of the flight or something due to lack of equipment?
Or a 739 to a 73G...
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:59 pm

We got one as well

This was for flight 972 from SEA to PSP on April 14th.

Text of the email:

To
[email protected]

Today at 1:35 PM

Receive a $300 voucher.

Confirmation Code: XXXX

Dear (Mr. Bevvy5)

Your flight is overbooked, and we're looking for volunteers to take an alternative flight in exchange for a $300 discount on future travel.

If you are interested in this offer, please contact us at 1-800-252-7522. You will be rebooked on the next available flight to your destination, at no additional charge.

We appreciate customers who are able to modify their travel plans, and we look forward to serving you.

As always, thank you for flying with us.

-Alaska Airlines

We're not taking advantage as we paid the slight upcharge and have row 6 seats, which is a huge bonus with hubby's mobility issues. It's the Coachella music thing that weekend and it's Easter weekend so I guess they're busy.
Old Mar 14, 17, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Yup, that flight is changed to a 700.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: