Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Aircraft Change Removed Me From First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft Change Removed Me From First Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/le...-carriage.aspx

If a Passenger is removed from a seat for which a fee has been paid, and the Passenger is not re-accommodated in the same class of seat or a seat of equal or greater value, or if a Passenger is downgraded from a class of service and is not re-accommodated in a seat of an equal or greater class of service for which a fee has been paid, the Passenger may be eligible for a refund in accordance with Rule 16.
Amusingly, rule 16 covers codeshare services. They really mean rule 17, Refunds. Rule 17 doesn't explicitly mention downgrades, here's the best I could find:

If a portion of the Ticket has been used or a portion of the transportation has been provided:

a. Via one-way fares: An amount equal to the lowest comparable one-way fare for the class of service paid for;

b. Via round-trip, Circle Trip, or open-jaw fares: Fifty percent of the round-trip fare for the class of service paid for, for the unflown Segment
Sounds like if this was a round-trip you should be able to get back 50% of the fare for the class you paid for, right?

Neil
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
They wrote to me and offered to refund >$400/ticket for the downgrade (PDX-HNL) and an extra $125 bonus gift for my troubles. That seemed fair to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.