FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   new fare display on web site: refundable vs lowest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1755984-new-fare-display-web-site-refundable-vs-lowest.html)

LIH Prem Mar 28, 2016 8:06 pm

new fare display on web site: refundable vs lowest

1 Attachment(s)
Previously the web site would show all fares on the same page, but now, I'm seeing it divide lowest fares vs refundable fares with only 2 fares on each of those "pages".

I can't say that I like getting less information on one page. Maybe I will grow to like it?

-David

jrl767 Mar 28, 2016 8:47 pm

agree ... "new and different" =/= "better"

thegingninj Mar 28, 2016 8:48 pm

It may be a bug. My search still shows the "normal" layout with all fares on the same page. I just searched your route and date to double check, and it shows up correctly on my screen.

alphaeagle Mar 28, 2016 8:49 pm

I had noticed that too a few days in Chrome. Works normally in Firefox. It's not a good change.

Must be a glitch/mistake as being unable to sort flights by price is not a feature I'd expect to lose. Hope they fix it.

Edit: Clearing cookies/cache might fix the issue.

Nurse Traveler Mar 29, 2016 12:32 am

If this is new, I very much dislike it.

Edit: Per AS Twitter Team, "this was a recent change that we're testing."

maradori Mar 29, 2016 12:37 am

Looks like AS might be A/B testing this

I did a dummy search SFO-BOS 5/7-5/8 and I have the regular 4-fare interface.

As most AB testing frameworks use cookies, agree with alphaeagle, try clearing cookies and cache and retry (might have to retry these steps a few times depending on how unlucky you are)

alphaeagle Mar 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Well the issue is back for me.

Clearing cookies and cache doesn't fix the issue.

This seems ridiculous to have removed the sort option. Now there are tons of flight options that I have to look at individually since they aren't in any particular order :mad:

Still disappointed that they removed the calendar and nearby city search from the homepage too.

LIH Prem Mar 30, 2016 3:41 am

I normally use chrome, and I definitely have the 2 tabs there.

I just tried safari and it has the traditional single tab display (all 4 fares, single page)

So maybe it is a browser specific change?

-David

alphaeagle Jul 24, 2016 5:29 pm

This problem is back again. Makes it really difficult to quickly scan for low first class award space. Can't sort by first class price either. This is a big annoyance to me since it eats up more of my time and provides zero benefits. :td:

martonikaj Jul 24, 2016 5:40 pm

They were A/B testing this a few months back ... and apparently they want to try it again.

I thought the "old" way was a nice density of information ... not sure why it had to get even simpler.

Westcoaster Jul 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by martonikaj (Post 26962699)
...I thought the "old" way was a nice density of information ... not sure why it had to get even simpler.

I agree. I wonder how many users won't immediately notice that they have to toggle back and forth between Lowest Fare and Refundable to get the available fares. I can't imagine what the advantage of this method of display would be other than to put less info on the screen, maybe for PEDs?

Finkface Jul 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster (Post 26963332)
I agree. I wonder how many users won't immediately notice that they have to toggle back and forth between Lowest Fare and Refundable to get the available fares. I can't imagine what the advantage of this method of display would be other than to put less info on the screen, maybe for PEDs?

(Hand up). I could tell something was missing but couldn't figure it out at first. I had to look around and finally saw the tab at the top. I never did find the discount F so I guess there wasn't any on the route I was looking at. Count me as a :td: on this new design.

CDKing Jul 25, 2016 10:40 am

I don't like it either. I didn't try revenue but looking for an award, Saver Y was buried in with full fare Y. Took forever to pick it out of the 30+ flight options that came up. Just put it back the way it was with Lowest Y, lowest refundable Y, Lowest F and Refundable F. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

missydarlin Jul 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 26965697)
Took forever to pick it out of the 30+ flight options that came up.

Were you not able to sort by price?

alphaeagle Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin (Post 26966198)
Were you not able to sort by price?

There's no way to sort by first class price. Plus it's an additional click to sort by price, one that wasn't necessary when all the low prices were in one column. I usually like to find flights by price and schedule, and now that is much more difficult since you have to look at each individual box instead of just seeing something in a column.