FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   60 new E175 jets on the way for Alaska (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1744951-60-new-e175-jets-way-alaska.html)

SNAnghbr Mar 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Interesting tidbit from the Sonoma County airport commission meeting minutes. The Airport manager in the January minutes stated that Alaska would like to replace the Q400 from Seattle with a E175 or a 737/700 since the flight is over 500 miles. Then in February he said that Alaska plans to replace the q400 with jets in all its California markets but no dates have been announced. All at the airport website under aviation commission.
http://www.sonomacountyairport.org/
Change is coming just not sure how long it is going to take.

ucdtim17 Apr 4, 2016 11:05 am

So did this get backburnered or what? Almost two months since deal was imminent and no announcement. Hopefully not the case that all available cash going into VX purchase

SOCguy Apr 4, 2016 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17 (Post 26434840)
So did this get backburnered or what? Almost two months since deal was imminent and no announcement. Hopefully not the case that all available cash going into VX purchase

Expect an announcement by the end of next week. Definitely still full steam ahead for jets at QX (not officially E175s yet...that's what we're waiting on).

beckoa Apr 4, 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy (Post 26436285)
Expect an announcement by the end of next week. Definitely still full steam ahead for jets at QX (not officially E175s yet...that's what we're waiting on).

Thanks for the update ^

PDXPremier Apr 6, 2016 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis (Post 26447480)
Yeah this will be my 3rd time on the new E175 service, U space each time. Quick stop in the skyclub for some munchies and a drink then sleep 1-2 hrs on the plane to make up for the early hour. E at DFW is slowly getting better as well... Texas construction really isnt that bad.

Have you ever gone down on the red eye and back in the morning as a MR? Not to get too OT, but what's the E175 service like on the red-eye, blankets and a sandwich I suppose?

United757 Apr 6, 2016 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 26447787)
Have you ever gone down on the red eye and back in the morning as a MR? Not to get too OT, but what's the E175 service like on the red-eye, blankets and a sandwich I suppose?

Just did this last week when my SEA-DFW on AA was cancelled. AA pushed me to AS for SEA-PDX-DFW.

No blankets. They served a cold "soba noodle salad" with chicken, plus a warm roll and packaged brownie. Drinks were in plastic cups, which I believe is the service standard for AS/OO E175 F.

Crew was awful, one FA in particular. It's not often I encounter truly rude FAs on any airline. I find that's not the norm for OO.

Found the F seat uncomfortable for sleeping, but looked way better than the park benches in Y. I was happy to be off that plane. Way too short of a redeye to sleep.

flyupfrnt Apr 6, 2016 7:40 pm

I flew the aircraft recently and really enjoyed it - save for the "limited" catering in First. Found it modern & comfortable in 2 A

mcrt Apr 7, 2016 12:12 am

I have wanted to see jet service to Boise for a long time. Now there is one or two Skywest flights, but not the hours I need. Hoping some of these jets got to SEA-BOI. Please!!!

formerstarQB16 Apr 7, 2016 10:13 am

Originally Posted by mcrt (Post 26449183)
I have wanted to see jet service to Boise for a long time. Now there is one or two Skywest flights, but not the hours I need. Hoping some of these jets got to SEA-BOI. Please!!!

Agreed.

Tanaka07 Apr 7, 2016 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy (Post 26436285)

Hopefully a PDX-DEN flight is in store. Been waiting for years for this one.
Maybe PDX-SAT/ABQ/MKE flights as well.

beckoa Apr 7, 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jjka (Post 26451743)
Hopefully a PDX-DEN flight is in store. Been waiting for years for this one.
Maybe PDX-SAT/ABQ/MKE flights as well.

Well this is a *former* AS route.

SOCguy Apr 12, 2016 6:08 am

E175 Confirmed

Confirmed that E175s will be coming to QX. Original plan for 30 firm orders bumped up to 33, deliveries start March 2017 with 13 in service at QX by year-end 2017. 30 additional options are also included. A/c will be configured similarly to the OO ones with First / Premium / Economy, hot meals, Wi-Fi, and in-seat power outlets "throughout the cabin."

missamo80 Apr 12, 2016 7:13 am

Here's the news release from this morning: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....cle&ID=2156267.

"Horizon plans to begin flying the jets exclusively for Alaska Airlines under a capacity purchase agreement (CPA) beginning in Spring 2017 on select longer routes originating from the Pacific Northwest. Over time, the jets will replace 15 of the airline's leased Q400s, due for return in 2018.

Horizon Air will fly both the E175 and the Q400 for the foreseeable future. The Embraer jet is not new for Alaska customers, who may have flown on the regional aircraft in 16 markets operated by CPA partner SkyWest Airlines."

Neil

3Cforme Apr 12, 2016 7:51 am

Originally Posted by SOCguy (Post 26473366)
Confirmed that E175s will be coming to QX. Original plan for 30 firm orders bumped up to 33, deliveries start March 2017 with 13 in service at QX by year-end 2017. 30 additional options are also included.

Actually, the PR states purchase of 30 and options for 33.

Horizon Air today announced it will grow its fleet with the purchase of 30 new three-class Embraer E175 jets, which will fly exclusively for Alaska Airlines. The order, which also includes 33 options

eponymous_coward Apr 12, 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by missamo80 (Post 26473679)
Here's the news release from this morning: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....cle&ID=2156267.

"Horizon plans to begin flying the jets exclusively for Alaska Airlines under a capacity purchase agreement (CPA) beginning in Spring 2017 on select longer routes originating from the Pacific Northwest. Over time, the jets will replace 15 of the airline's leased Q400s, due for return in 2018.

Horizon Air will fly both the E175 and the Q400 for the foreseeable future. The Embraer jet is not new for Alaska customers, who may have flown on the regional aircraft in 16 markets operated by CPA partner SkyWest Airlines."

Neil

Looks like there's some significant bumps in capacity planned (+30 E175s - 15 Q400s, and I bet AS doesn't have to return those planes on lease). Sounds like PDX/SFO/LAX might get some.