Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the Newbie Lounge Thread!

Anyone is welcome to ask anything, even the most basic questions, in this thread without having to fear a snarky response. In this thread, there's no such thing as a dumb question--we were all new to Alaska Airlines, FlyerTalk, and even the whole idea of mileage programs once and needed some help navigating the ropes. We're here to help you do just that!

That said, if you want to do a little reading to see if your question has been previously discussed, links to some of the most common and extensive topics in this forum are listed in our FAQ thread--click here to check it out.

Special care will be given in this thread to trying to provide answers in a clear manner with minimal use of acronyms and jargon.

If you need to contact someone for help, here's a current list of our forum's team:

Ambassadors (Our Greeters--members who have specifically volunteered to welcome and mentor newbies and monitor this thread):
ANC RED-EYE
baliktad
beckoa
golfingboy

Moderators (Our Janitors--members who have volunteered to do housekeeping/keep the forum in order)
Cholula
jackal

You are welcome to send a private message to any of these individuals for assistance, but you'll generally get a faster response and broader palette of answers if you simply post your inquiry here in this thread.

Note to FlyerTalk members who enjoy the ability to take advantage of loopholes--if someone posts something that exposes information you'd rather not be public, please remember this is a Flame-Free thread, and harsh or snarky posts are not permitted. Although FlyerTalk itself does not censor posts that share information, members are free to edit their own posts to remove information. If you wish to request any poster to remove information they have shared publicly, please do so politely and respectfully.

Welcome, and we look forward to providing any assistance we can!

~the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan forum team~

For the previous incarnation of this thread, please click here
Print Wikipost

2015 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Is it possible to credit Delta Skymiles to AS if a flight has already been booked but not yet flown?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by pointchaser93
Is it possible to credit Delta Skymiles to AS if a flight has already been booked but not yet flown?
You can change your frequent flier number to a delta one but you can't actually get the miles in your account until after the flight occurs.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K
You can change your frequent flier number to a delta one but you can't actually get the miles in your account until after the flight occurs.
Thank you, but if I have I flight booked on Delta and want the miles credited to AS would the procedure be the opposite? I.E. change it to AS FF#?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by pointchaser93
Thank you, but if I have I flight booked on Delta and want the miles credited to AS would the procedure be the opposite? I.E. change it to AS FF#?
Yes; I am not sure if you can remove an existing number on DL's site and add a new number, but if Delta.com does not allow that, you can certainly do so by calling Delta.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I've had excellent results when needing to add/change a number by sending a DM to the Delta Twitter folks.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I could have sworn AA "O" class credited 0 to AS. I was just checking Alaska.com and saw "O" Class on AA credits in full.

Is this new?

I found my answer, staring Feb 1 O class credits 100%!

Last edited by Madone59; Mar 15, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Madone59
I could have sworn AA "O" class credited 0 to AS. I was just checking Alaska.com and saw "O" Class on AA credits in full.

Is this new?

I found my answer, staring Feb 1 O class credits 100%!
Changes you will like, but for real this time
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Seat selection and upgrade question

I will be taking my first flight on AS later this month, 452 the 815 am SEA-LAX as an AA Gold. Currently, there are a bunch of middle seats available throughout with one window seat available in the forward part of the cabin, reserved for elite status and refundable tickets. Do more seats open up during OLCI 24 hours out? I was able to get the last window seat towards the back but would like to move forward as I have a connection in LAX. On AA, if I'm not logged in, mostly middle seats appear when in fact more desirable aisle and window seats are available to elites.

As this would seem like an elite heavy route on a weekday morning, am I correct in thinking my chances of purchasing an upgrade are slim to none? I've also read that AS will start charging for preferred seats (row 6 & exit). Will I be given this option at T-24 or will I have to check the kiosk/see an agent? Same question if the answer is that they have not started charging yet. Thanks!

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Does AS allow short checking bags anymore? Something came up and I cannot take my SEA-GEG connection as I will be staying in Seattle.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have a flight in September booked on AA.com but US-metal. Do we expect I will be able to earn AS miles by that point?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I have a flight in September booked on AA.com but US-metal. Do we expect I will be able to earn AS miles by that point?
Depends when they get SOC and function as a single carrier.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Depends when they get SOC and function as a single carrier.
Hence why I asked "do we expect" not "what does it take"
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Hence why I asked "do we expect" not "what does it take"
Well, it's basically a guess, but the last thing I read on the Internet (the source of all accurate information, as we know) was "first third of 2015".

So it is expected Q1-Q2 2015 by at least one person (link). I don't think the SOC will instantly make your flight an AA-operated flight, but it's the next necessary step.

I hope you get the credit you desire!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by jchilders
Well, it's basically a guess, but the last thing I read on the Internet (the source of all accurate information, as we know) was "first third of 2015".

So it is expected Q1-Q2 2015 by at least one person (link). I don't think the SOC will instantly make your flight an AA-operated flight, but it's the next necessary step.

I hope you get the credit you desire!
Awesome thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everything is pure speculatoon. Even merging of FF programs is earlier than expected. But that does not mean every step will be on time. At least its not as long as WN/FL which took a couple years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.