FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   AS ticket - DL flight "Upgrade Not Available At This Time" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1578307-ticket-dl-flight-upgrade-not-available-time.html)

PV_Premier May 19, 2014 10:46 am

AS ticket - DL flight "Upgrade Not Available At This Time"

I have an AS ticket that starts with one DL segment and then two AS segments. I've upgraded the AS segments with an MVPG guest upgrade: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...t-upgrade.html

On DL.dumb, the DL flight shows "Upgrade Not Available At This Time" when viewing the reservation. Am I actually on the upgrade list? I know it doesn't matter until the day of departure, but I won't be able to get to the airport until about an hour before the flight and I think there's a reasonable chance on RSW-MSP. If I am not on the list, will a DL agent at the ticket counter be able to add and place me appropriately (at the bottom :p)?

beckoa May 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'd contact DLAssist on twitter or call DL - you want Upgrade Requested to appear on the DL page.

PV_Premier May 19, 2014 6:56 pm

blah, i hate hate hate calling DL. twitter team is good, maybe i'll try that first. thanks.

WhIteSidE May 19, 2014 7:12 pm

When you need to call DL, just go for the "call me back later" option. I've had pretty good luck with that.

oDiabo May 19, 2014 7:25 pm

I've got a reservation for June that I made with a voucher right before the benefits reduction. All 4 segments seem to flop back and forth between "Upgrade Eligible" and "Upgrade not available at this time." I'm curious what you find out- there is virtually no way I'll catch any of the upgrades so I haven't bothered to look into it.
By the way, then you click on "Upgrade not available at this time":td: you get the following message:
"There are a few reasons why you may see an 'upgrade not available' message in MyTrips.

1) You have recently completed a booking, and your ticket has not yet been issued.
2) It is less than three hours from departure.
3)It is more than three hours from departure, but there are no upgrade seats available on your flight."

PV_Premier May 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by oDiabo (Post 22891703)
By the way, then you click on "Upgrade not available at this time":td: you get the following message:
"There are a few reasons why you may see an 'upgrade not available' message in MyTrips.

1) You have recently completed a booking, and your ticket has not yet been issued.
2) It is less than three hours from departure.
3)It is more than three hours from departure, but there are no upgrade seats available on your flight."

yes i'm seeing the same message. clearly DL.com understands and recognizes my status, it's something with the ticket that is odd, perhaps b/c it's on AS stock?

apodo77 May 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE (Post 22891659)
When you need to call DL, just go for the "call me back later" option. I've had pretty good luck with that.

Always the way to go. Never an issue with it and even in the ATL snowstorm got a call back within the time they estimated. Great feature.

ryandc99 May 19, 2014 10:25 pm

This doesn't sit well. Methinks it's the end of upgrades and the end of the partnership. Call me a naysayer but I wouldn't be suprised if it all comes to an end June 1st or Jan 1st at the latest.

Edgerfly May 19, 2014 10:54 pm

I also got this message on my recent FLL-ATL-LAS DL itinerary. The funny thing was only the FLL-ATL segment was showing this message. The other segment was fine. I called DL reservations (not fun) and the agent told me I had declined an upgrade and that's why the system was displaying that. This was not true, but I wasn't gonna argue with her about it. She had to speak with a supervisor to have it fixed. I guess it's just some type of bug.

Tide_from_PAE May 20, 2014 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Edgerfly (Post 22892472)
I also got this message on my recent FLL-ATL-LAS DL itinerary. The funny thing was only the FLL-ATL segment was showing this message. The other segment was fine. I called DL reservations (not fun) and the agent told me I had declined an upgrade and that's why the system was displaying that. This was not true, but I wasn't gonna argue with her about it. She had to speak with a supervisor to have it fixed. I guess it's just some type of bug.

The DL system is known to occasionally put in a request to decline upgrades. The agent needs to go into the reservation notes and delete the line "passenger declines complimentary upgrade." After that, the flights should show as upgrade requested.

PV_Premier May 20, 2014 9:14 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99 (Post 22892402)
This doesn't sit well. Methinks it's the end of upgrades and the end of the partnership. Call me a naysayer but I wouldn't be suprised if it all comes to an end June 1st or Jan 1st at the latest.

i have to believe if it was ending June 1, we would know about it by now. Jan 1 i would expect is plausible.

anyways thanks all for the advice in this thread. i'll tweet or call DL later and report back in this thread what i learn about why this flight is showing this message.

CDKing May 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99 (Post 22892402)

It happens to Delta Elites as well on DL so doubt its anything other than a glitch

PV_Premier May 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Twitter team was useless for this. They told me to contact AS. Right, like AS can add me to the upgrade waitlist for a DL operated flight.

Before I try to call DL, is there any magic words I can say to get them to switch this from "Upgrade not available at this time" to "Medallion upgrade requested"?

edit to add:

I spoke to DL about this and was actually transferred to the Medallion desk. They told me it didn't have to do with my "declining" the upgrade waitlist and that an agent would have to add me to the WL at the airport as they could not see an easy fix. Sort of strange.

beckoa May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Twitter team was useless for this. They told me to contact AS. Right, like AS can add me to the upgrade waitlist for a DL operated flight.

Before I try to call DL, is there any magic words I can say to get them to switch this from "Upgrade not available at this time" to "Medallion upgrade requested"?

edit to add:

I spoke to DL about this and was actually transferred to the Medallion desk. They told me it didn't have to do with my "declining" the upgrade waitlist and that an agent would have to add me to the WL at the airport as they could not see an easy fix. Sort of strange.

Sounds like a load of...

PV_Premier May 26, 2014 8:52 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 22924543)

Sounds like a load of...

Who knows. The plane is pretty full in coach so I'll see how things look at the plat and god upgrade windows then call again or try to go to the airport early. I have limited patience for this type of crap and I deal with it enough at UA to not want to also take it from DL.