Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Attendant Wasting Food?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 12:52 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Wow, what a waste. If I'm in a fast food restaurant, and don't use all the packets of ketchup, I return them to the countertop basket.
If I have 1 or 2 left over I take them with me and toss them in my lunch box. I understand you dont want them to go to waste but Im not sure tossing them back into the bin is the best idea
Old May 17, 2014, 12:55 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
What about ketchup bottles on a table, or sugar packets on a table, etc. ?

Doesn't sound like a rule to me.
If you ever watch the table cleaners and bussers at any good restaurant or any restaurant that takes sanitation and cleanliness serious and not just the day when the the inspectors give their 24 hour inspection notice, you will actually see them wiping down and cleaning the bottles and shakers on the table
Old May 17, 2014, 1:30 pm

It just dawned on me that someone is actually complaining about a bag of snack mix. Does anybody have an idea how much food is actually wasted in the name of customer service? Back when we served free meals we would throw away hundreds of uneaten meals a day in SEA. These days, because there is a charge, the quantities are less but we still throw away A LOT of food. Honestly, one little bag of snack mix is causing you this much angst?
Old May 17, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
It just dawned on me that someone is actually complaining about a bag of snack mix. Does anybody have an idea how much food is actually wasted in the name of customer service? Back when we served free meals we would throw away hundreds of uneaten meals a day in SEA. These days, because there is a charge, the quantities are less but we still throw away A LOT of food. Honestly, one little bag of snack mix is causing you this much angst?
In these days of severe drought, it is critical to save every bit. Speaking of bits, have you noticed the farm where the chili cheese rice triangles are grown (from the Zesty Snack Mix)? It is located about 40 miles east of Indio, CA. Even with the best of drip irrigation, those triangles, when they do sprout, are mostly deformed and cannot be used in the snack mix. From the air, what was once a thriving farm of crunchy orangy bits (which one could identify by the slight orange tint amongst the arid desert) is now as dry as the surrounding desert. (The good news is that things aren't quite as desperate as they are for the United snack mix. That arid farm is about to go down in a giant sinkhole.)
Old May 17, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
The moral of this story is that the distribution of Honey Mustard Pretzels should be discontinued. They truly are disgusting.
Old May 17, 2014, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ANC
If I have 1 or 2 left over I take them with me and toss them in my lunch box. I understand you dont want them to go to waste but Im not sure tossing them back into the bin is the best idea
The only lunch box I have is a Flipper one, circa late 60s. I suppose that could be fun, but it would count as my personal item, and then the laptop bag is screwed.

Old May 17, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Originally Posted by formeraa
I nominate this thread for the most minor thing to complain about ever.
+1
Old May 17, 2014, 5:45 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The only lunch box I have is a Flipper one, circa late 60s. I suppose that could be fun, but it would count as my personal item, and then the laptop bag is screwed.

nice ^ I have a Dukes of Hazard metal box. In any case I do still take lunches to an office now and then that doesnt involve a plane
Old May 17, 2014, 8:22 pm

Talking

For safety's sake - I hope no one gets in my way when the seat belt light goes off .... I'm going dumpster dive'n!
Old May 17, 2014, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt, Carlson
Next time just don't take the peanuts, I guess.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by pdxray
The moral of this story is that the distribution of Honey Mustard Pretzels should be discontinued. They truly are disgusting.
Yes indeed. Those are horrid.
Old May 17, 2014, 11:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by pdxray
Zesty.

Send them to 2A next time
Old May 18, 2014, 3:46 pm
Suspended

does it really matter? they're not going to drop fares because they've saved a bag of pretzels across the airline.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well there is the infaamous olive incident

I'd prefer FA's to take the safe road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.