Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska/Horizon to Paint Q400 in San Diego St Colors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K

San Diego State University's hallmark scarlet and black colors and logo will soon be featured on an Alaska Airlines 76-seat Bombardier Q400 turboprop. To celebrate, Alaska and the university are partnering with San Diego radio stations to give Aztec fans a chance to win a seat onboard the maiden flight.
Rest of the press release is here.

AS: When will you paint a plane in Cal colors?
Old May 21, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: MVPG, VX-Silver
Great to see the university themed aircraft continue with this addition to the Q400 fleet! Now just to see Portland State Vikings adorning one
Old May 21, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Strange move. Q400's from AS don't even go to San Diego (I think). Just seems like an odd school to partner with.
Old May 21, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
AS is adding Q400 service to MRY, FAT, and STS next month from SAN.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tbau
Strange move. Q400's from AS don't even go to San Diego (I think). Just seems like an odd school to partner with.
Alaska currently has service scheduled to start from Fresno and Santa Rosa. For awhile Horizon flew San Diego to San Francisco and they did a Boise-San Diego flight for awhile as well. Hopefully this means that with a plane in these colors it means they'll stay for awhile this time and perhaps even expand there.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by WebTraveler
For awhile Horizon flew San Diego to San Francisco and they did a Boise-San Diego flight for awhile as well.
I don't remember a SAN-SFO flight, but I know they used to fly SAN-PDX on a CR7.
Old May 22, 2012, 1:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
Originally Posted by tbau
Alaska currently has service scheduled to start from Fresno and Santa Rosa. For awhile Horizon flew San Diego to San Francisco and they did a Boise-San Diego flight for awhile as well. Hopefully this means that with a plane in these colors it means they'll stay for awhile this time and perhaps even expand there.
SAN-GEG was a short lived run...
Old May 22, 2012, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
AS: When will you paint a plane in Cal colors?
Airlines generally try to prevent air sickness for their passengers when they can.

Old May 24, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Originally Posted by whlinder
Airlines generally try to prevent air sickness for their passengers when they can.

Go Stanford!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.