FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Ticket Expiring 5/28/11 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1211996-ticket-expiring-5-28-11-a.html)

travelsavant May 3, 2011 9:08 pm

Ticket Expiring 5/28/11

I believe the rules are a canceled ticket has to be used within one year but was wondering, can I book a trip for later this month & then cancel that one, thus extending my ticket for another year? Thanks!

ANC May 4, 2011 12:04 pm

I know it works that way with my wallet credits. Not sure about an expiring ticket...but....shouldnt that be a my wallet credit?

JPat May 4, 2011 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ANC (Post 16327704)
I know it works that way with my wallet credits. Not sure about an expiring ticket...but....shouldnt that be a my wallet credit?

We have a similar cancelled ticket and it is not in our "My Wallet' folder. I

travelsavant May 6, 2011 6:07 am

Not in "my wallet" so don't think that's the answer. Will try the buy/cancel again scheme as will lose value anyway. Will report back if it works.

beckoa May 6, 2011 8:35 am

Originally Posted by travelsavant (Post 16337821)
Not in "my wallet" so don't think that's the answer. Will try the buy/cancel again scheme as will lose value anyway. Will report back if it works.

You are not AS gold by chance? If you add the ticket to mywallet then it *should* reset the date... but not certain how it works w/o status.

travelsavant May 8, 2011 3:55 am

Nope, no status on AS.

Duckouttahere May 8, 2011 11:24 am

Can you take the ticket #027.... and load it into your wallet and then make a reservation for some other time? I think you just have to purchase another reservation to keep it going.

travelsavant Jun 4, 2011 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere (Post 16348885)
Can you take the ticket #027.... and load it into your wallet and then make a reservation for some other time? I think you just have to purchase another reservation to keep it going.

Update: did exactly that - purchased another ticket, which reissued as new & now have extended tkt value for another 11 mos. Thanks all.

steadyASshegoes Jun 4, 2011 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by travelsavant (Post 16501807)
Update: did exactly that - purchased another ticket, which reissued as new & now have extended tkt value for another 11 mos. Thanks all.

I 100% believe in "utilizing" (some would say "exploiting") Alaska's policies to maximize benefit to the traveller. So, kudos for finding a loophole that allows you to keep this ticket value.

At the same time, I hope this doesn't happen so often that Alaska notices and decides to change its policies...