Ticket Expiring 5/28/11

Old May 3, 2011, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Ticket Expiring 5/28/11

I believe the rules are a canceled ticket has to be used within one year but was wondering, can I book a trip for later this month & then cancel that one, thus extending my ticket for another year? Thanks!
Old May 4, 2011, 12:04 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I know it works that way with my wallet credits. Not sure about an expiring ticket...but....shouldnt that be a my wallet credit?
Old May 4, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by ANC
I know it works that way with my wallet credits. Not sure about an expiring ticket...but....shouldnt that be a my wallet credit?
We have a similar cancelled ticket and it is not in our "My Wallet' folder. I
Old May 6, 2011, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Not in "my wallet" so don't think that's the answer. Will try the buy/cancel again scheme as will lose value anyway. Will report back if it works.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by travelsavant
Not in "my wallet" so don't think that's the answer. Will try the buy/cancel again scheme as will lose value anyway. Will report back if it works.
You are not AS gold by chance? If you add the ticket to mywallet then it *should* reset the date... but not certain how it works w/o status.
Old May 8, 2011, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Nope, no status on AS.
Old May 8, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Can you take the ticket #027.... and load it into your wallet and then make a reservation for some other time? I think you just have to purchase another reservation to keep it going.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Can you take the ticket #027.... and load it into your wallet and then make a reservation for some other time? I think you just have to purchase another reservation to keep it going.
Update: did exactly that - purchased another ticket, which reissued as new & now have extended tkt value for another 11 mos. Thanks all.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by travelsavant
Update: did exactly that - purchased another ticket, which reissued as new & now have extended tkt value for another 11 mos. Thanks all.
I 100% believe in "utilizing" (some would say "exploiting") Alaska's policies to maximize benefit to the traveller. So, kudos for finding a loophole that allows you to keep this ticket value.

At the same time, I hope this doesn't happen so often that Alaska notices and decides to change its policies...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.