New York City (JFK/EWR)
Boston (BOS)
Toronto (YYZ)
Chicago (ORD)
Vancouver (YVR)
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Francisco (SFO)

Notes and tips:

You cannot book CX award flights on alaskaair.com.

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...rs/cathay.aspx

Award Travel on Cathay Pacific

Book Your Award Travel: To use Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ Miles on Cathay Pacific, call Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-252-7522 (TTY: Dial 711 for Relay Services) 5:00 a.m. - Midnight (PT), daily
Both BA and JL websites can be used to search for CX partner inventory. JL is typically a more accurate engine. BA should only be used on a per-segment basis (in other words, do not search for LAX-BKK, search for LAX-HKG, then HKG-BKK). Note that AS award availability is only for 330 days, the BA engine will show availability to 365 days.

There are mixed reports on getting a CX stopover outside of HKG. By rule, HKG is the only allowed stopover. Stopovers are not allowed on intra-Asia award bookings (you will need a North American segment to be able to book a stopover).

All CX awards except for the intra-Asia award must either originate or end in HKG or North America. If you wish to fly Middle East/India/Europe/Asia/Australia to a CX destination beyond your initial flight to or from HKG that is not a North American destination, it will be two awards: XXX-HKG and HKG-YYY. CX intra-Asia awards do not include a stopover.

CX releases availability close in. If you do a change where you book another cabin and upgrade to F (which often may be the only way to get F on CX), you will be charged the $125 rebooking fee (waived for MVPG+).

*Have the AS CSR perform the search one leg at a time (Transoceanic first). That might yield more results than the whole itinerary at once.*

The CX forum has a FAQ on the CX experience.

Award eligible Destinations
By region.

(Dragon Air is not allowed on AS award)

Africa
Johannesburg (JNB)

Asia
Bangkok (BKK)
Beijing (PEK)
Cebu (CEB)
Denpasar (Bali) (DPS)
Fukuoka (FUK)
Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
Hong Kong (HKG)
Jakarta (CGK)
Kuala Lumpur (KUL) [Ends 30 April]
Manila (MNL)
Osaka (KIX)
Sapporo (CTS)
Seoul (ICN)
Shanghai (PVG)
Singapore (SIN)
Surabaya (SUB)
Taipei (TPE)
Tokyo (HND)

Australia/NZ
Adelaide (ADL)
Auckland (AKL)
Brisbane (BNE)
Cairns (CNS)
Melbourne (MEL)
Perth (PER)
Sydney (SYD)

India/Middle East

Bahrain (BAH)
Chennai (MAA)
Colombo (CMB)
Delhi (DEL)
Doha (DOH) [Discontinued as of Feb 2016]
Dubai (DXB)
Hyderabad (HYD)
Malé (MLE)
Mumbai (BOM)
Riyadh (RUH)
Tel Aviv (TLV)

Europe (To/from HKG only. NA is separate award)

Amsterdam (AMS)
Barcelona (BCN)
Düsseldorf (DUS)
Frankfurt (FRA)
London (LHR, LGW)
Manchester (MAN)
Milan (MXP)
Paris (CDG)
Rome (FCO)
Zurich (ZRH)
Print Wikipost

CX (Cathay) Award availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:31 am

Phone Booking Fee $15

I was booking an award ticket on CX flights, which I cannot book online. I called in to book and I was charged phone booking fee for AS airline. Do you have any luck with waiving the phone booking fee when booking CX flights?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by SQ421
If I ever found myself on a flight with you I'd invite an unknown stranger from J (or maybe even Y!) to dine with me purely because I know how much it evidently bothers you.

Seriously dude, there's much bigger things to worry about in life than "time" being "stolen" from an FA in the F cabin. If that's the biggest thing stressing you out, then you should consider yourself lucky.
Don't bother. You won't be allowed. And if the FA breaks with protocol, he/she will be reported. So why would you want to knowingly put an employee in a position where they could be disciplined? That just seems mean to me.

Alas, if you and are both in F, I would be more than happy to have a drink with you. I'll pm ahead of my next JFKHKGPEK which is a few months away. I have a trip planned to North Korea, but I'm flying back from PEK on KE as I haven't flown their refreshed F in the 748i yet. Should be cool, curious to see how it compares to CX.

Safe travels - Jamie
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

Hi Sungchiahao -

The phone booking fee apples to everyone. I think it is $12.50 each way.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Happy
It is a bit of self-righteous to proclaim such would infuriate other F passengers. Most F passengers especially those who actually pay for the flight, could not care less as long as the "visits" were very discrete.
I don't know about 'infuriate' other F pax, but it would certainly be frowned upon, even by some of those paying for their seats. Doesn't matter how 'discrete' the visiting passengers might think they are - in such a small cabin they don't go unnoticed.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I don't know about 'infuriate' other F pax, but it would certainly be frowned upon, even by some of those paying for their seats. Doesn't matter how 'discrete' the visiting passengers might think they are - in such a small cabin they don't go unnoticed.
I frankly dont care how some of you on this board think about how other passengers would feel being disturbed - all are just conjecture based on your own self-entitlement when none of you is paying passengers in the F cabin I am venture to say. All of us here are redemption tickets. Yet some act as they are the kings to own the F cabin when they are in F...

See my post about my friend's experiences when his grand daughter was traveling with him but in J.

Let me give you yet one more tidbit - I have had numerous chit chat with quite a few FAs on various flights (speaking their native language has some advantage) - one of the topics we talked about is, which passengers are the most difficult to satisfy? Inevitably the answers are upgraders and redeemers. The real paying passengers by and large are not obnoxious and much easier to please they say. There you have it.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... based on your own self-entitlement when none of you is paying passengers in the F cabin I am venture to say. All of us here are redemption tickets. Yet some act as they are the kings to own the F cabin when they are in F...

The real paying passengers by and large are not obnoxious and much easier to please they say. There you have it.
You would venture wrong.

There are cost effective ways of purchasing tickets in the CX F cabin, including round-the-world tickets purchased from various countries, or departures from other Asian ports rather than HKG. Sure we may not be paying the USD18000+ for a return, but we are still paying.

It's not being obnoxious to expect the amenity of the cabin purchased.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 6:26 pm
Suspended

one of the topics we talked about is, which passengers are the most difficult to satisfy?
That's an odd topic of conversation
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
As for me I'd love to get back to the topic of the thread, which is F and J award availability and booking, before we have to alert the mods for cleanup on aisle snobriety.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPGold 75K
Is it true that an F passenger can bring a guest to an F lounge in Hong Kong? Cathay Pacific says that guest traveling in first or business can have one guest.

My daughter is in business and I'm in first, so does that mean she can join me in a first lounge? Wing? Pier?

I'm crazy obsessive with checking BA and expert flyer for availability and award seats for an upcoming flight. Keeping fingers crossed and F seat opens up. If not, I'd like her to be able to join me in the lounge.

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smiem
Is it true that an F passenger can bring a guest to an F lounge in Hong Kong? Cathay Pacific says that guest traveling in first or business can have one guest.

My daughter is in business and I'm in first, so does that mean she can join me in a first lounge? Wing? Pier?

Thanks!
Yes - First class can take one guest. Your daughter is welcome to join you in either the wing or the pier.

There are threads elsewhere on FT discussing the relative merits of both lounges
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes - First class can take one guest. Your daughter is welcome to join you in either the wing or the pier.

There are threads elsewhere on FT discussing the relative merits of both lounges
Pier is materially better than the Wing, and definitely worth the schlep. Don't let its location deter you.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I have a trip planned to North Korea
Where is my invite?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Where is my invite?
Here you go. Come fly Russian aircraft!

http://www.juchetravelservices.com/t...aviation-tour/
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Here you go. Come fly Russian aircraft!

http://www.juchetravelservices.com/t...aviation-tour/
Ill have to see if i can make it work. I have an Emirates award booked that week and my boss wasn't too happy about me coming back for only a week then heading off to OZfest for 2 weeks. Now if i canceled my CMB trip and went to North Korea instead which would shave a week off my summer plans (Obviously cant tell her what country because that would be denied quick) Plus need to hurry and renew my passport so i can get my china visa

Last edited by CDKing; Jan 17, 2016 at 5:17 pm
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPGold 75K
I'm happy to report that I was able to snag an F seat on my upcoming LAX-HKG flight for my daughter. I am in F already and she was in business. EF showed F5 and BA has been showing 0 award seats in F. Started checking numerous times a day at 14 days out. Now one week out...BA showed 2 in FC, 6 in business and 5 in PE. Now only 1 in FC left, but hey if anyone wants to snag some seats on 1/25 get on the phone! Some good seats available.

I'm a happy flyer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.