FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   Does FL accepts expired drink coupons? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/1423805-does-fl-accepts-expired-drink-coupons.html)

al613 Jan 3, 2013 5:13 pm

Does FL accepts expired drink coupons?

It seems the exp. date is only on the back side and not really visible.

DoctorK Jan 7, 2013 1:39 pm

I was wondering the same thing... If I don't get upgraded to 1st class next week I'll give it a shot and let you know!

al613 Jan 7, 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorK (Post 19995790)
I was wondering the same thing... If I don't get upgraded to 1st class next week I'll give it a shot and let you know!

Thanks! Look forward to hear from you

jftino Jan 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Does FL accepts expired drink coupons?

I'm going to try some ones I have (they were sent to me expired last year as part of my elite package)tomorrow. I'll let you know.

DoctorK Jan 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Just to report back, I got upgraded to BC so I didn't have the opportunity to pull out my 12/31/12 drink coupon. Still carrying it with me onboard though, with another chance to use it in a couple of weeks.

al613 Jan 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorK (Post 20088215)
Just to report back, I got upgraded to BC so I didn't have the opportunity to pull out my 12/31/12 drink coupon. Still carrying it with me onboard though, with another chance to use it in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

satman40 Jan 20, 2013 5:01 pm

I've use expired ones before no problem, depends on the FA, maybe...

Most of them are there to make you happy..had a few free drinks with no tickets..

DoctorK Feb 1, 2013 1:27 pm

Used an expired one last night. She didn't even flip it over to look at the date, just took it and put it in her drawer. Good luck!

al613 Feb 1, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks for all the info!

melissaru May 22, 2013 8:48 am

Husband was in coach while I got upgraded to BC last week - PHL-ATL - and tried to use one of my expired coupons (also SENT TO ME EXPIRED) and the FA grumpily scrutinized it, then tossed into on his tray table and said, "This is expired, but we accept debit or credit if you still want your wine."
He told her water would be just fine.
Probably an SWA-er.

flight1352 Jun 4, 2013 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by melissaru (Post 20792370)
Husband was in coach while I got upgraded to BC last week - PHL-ATL - and tried to use one of my expired coupons (also SENT TO ME EXPIRED) and the FA grumpily scrutinized it, then tossed into on his tray table and said, "This is expired, but we accept debit or credit if you still want your wine."
Probably an SWA-er.

A Southwest flight attendant would not, under any circumstances, be working aboard an AirTran flight.

Often1 Jun 4, 2013 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by melissaru (Post 20792370)
Probably an SWA-er.

Your husband tried to scam a FA and you're upset that he got caught out and wouldn't spring for the liquor?

melissaru Jun 4, 2013 11:07 pm

He wasn't trying to scam her -he was trying to use a coupon that was expired when it was sent. He did mention that to her, but she didn't seem to care. Additionally, we both called when we received them (since we both were issued expired ones) and were told by two different people that they would be fine to use.