Does FL accepts expired drink coupons?

Old Jan 3, 13, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl

It seems the exp. date is only on the back side and not really visible.
Old Jan 7, 13, 1:39 pm

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
I was wondering the same thing... If I don't get upgraded to 1st class next week I'll give it a shot and let you know!
Old Jan 7, 13, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
I was wondering the same thing... If I don't get upgraded to 1st class next week I'll give it a shot and let you know!
Thanks! Look forward to hear from you
Old Jan 11, 13, 9:15 pm

Programs: Airtran A+ Elite, SPG Preferred Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold, AGR

I'm going to try some ones I have (they were sent to me expired last year as part of my elite package)tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Old Jan 20, 13, 12:21 pm

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
Just to report back, I got upgraded to BC so I didn't have the opportunity to pull out my 12/31/12 drink coupon. Still carrying it with me onboard though, with another chance to use it in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 20, 13, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
Just to report back, I got upgraded to BC so I didn't have the opportunity to pull out my 12/31/12 drink coupon. Still carrying it with me onboard though, with another chance to use it in a couple of weeks.
Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 13, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I've use expired ones before no problem, depends on the FA, maybe...

Most of them are there to make you happy..had a few free drinks with no tickets..
Old Feb 1, 13, 1:27 pm

Used an expired one last night. She didn't even flip it over to look at the date, just took it and put it in her drawer. Good luck!
Old Feb 1, 13, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info!
Old May 22, 13, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta Gold, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Husband was in coach while I got upgraded to BC last week - PHL-ATL - and tried to use one of my expired coupons (also SENT TO ME EXPIRED) and the FA grumpily scrutinized it, then tossed into on his tray table and said, "This is expired, but we accept debit or credit if you still want your wine."
He told her water would be just fine.
Probably an SWA-er.
Old Jun 4, 13, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by melissaru View Post
Husband was in coach while I got upgraded to BC last week - PHL-ATL - and tried to use one of my expired coupons (also SENT TO ME EXPIRED) and the FA grumpily scrutinized it, then tossed into on his tray table and said, "This is expired, but we accept debit or credit if you still want your wine."
Probably an SWA-er.
A Southwest flight attendant would not, under any circumstances, be working aboard an AirTran flight.
Old Jun 4, 13, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by melissaru View Post
Probably an SWA-er.
Your husband tried to scam a FA and you're upset that he got caught out and wouldn't spring for the liquor?
Old Jun 4, 13, 11:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
He wasn't trying to scam her -he was trying to use a coupon that was expired when it was sent. He did mention that to her, but she didn't seem to care. Additionally, we both called when we received them (since we both were issued expired ones) and were told by two different people that they would be fine to use.

Search this Thread